The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trick tips

Can anyone suggest an impressive looking but relatively simple trick?
even if its just a certain grab or something you do whilst going down the slope
ive nailed the 360’s and now i need something else to try my hand at

Backflips.

If you can do them into the pool you can do them on a board. If you commit to the rotation, you won’t land on your head, the worst that will go wrong is you land on your hands and knees. If you’re determined, you’ll nail them on your first day. I’ll put $20 on it…

Chicks dig backflips.

Backys are on my list of must learn this season.

AJ2theC - 16 July 2012 10:29 AM

Backflips.

Chicks dig backflips.

Hahaa yea they do :D
nah im alright flipping into water because the bridges and swings i flip off the worst injury i can get is a little split skin
but im still trying to try and trick myself into doing a tamedog
i gues confidence will come with experience

Hey man you should check out snowboard addictions tutorials. They cover HEAPS of tricks including tame dogs and make it really easy to visualise the tricks before you even hit the slopes.

http://www.snowboardaddiction.com

The vids are pretty cheap too shaka

Try variations of the 360. Can you do all four 360s? Frontside, backside, cab and switch backside. Try them all. smile

From there, you can try frontside 360s off your toe edge. Try different grabs too.

The http://www.snowboardaddiction.com tutorials are awesome. Use the promo code boardworld on checkout for a 10% discount.

How are your butters? If you are confident with your butters, and 3s, you could always do a 180butter into your 360

another idea is trying to rotate your upper and lower body at different speeds during your 360s.  Throw your 360 (frontside or cab is easiest for this) as normal but straight away use your lower body to spin the board as far ahead as you can.  Then you can slowly complete whats left of the spin as you sail through the air and your upper body catches up ready for the stomp.

Once you have that, try the harder version where the upper body goes first.

Yeh shifty spins look sick

rider26 - 17 July 2012 01:48 AM

Try variations of the 360. Can you do all four 360s? Frontside, backside, cab and switch backside. Try them all. smile

From there, you can try frontside 360s off your toe edge. Try different grabs too.

The http://www.snowboardaddiction.com tutorials are awesome. Use the promo code boardworld on checkout for a 10% discount.

As rider said, you say you have your 3’s on lock. So you can with ease do all 4 basic types? if not work on them first.

Aidy - 17 July 2012 05:31 AM

another idea is trying to rotate your upper and lower body at different speeds during your 360s.  Throw your 360 (frontside or cab is easiest for this) as normal but straight away use your lower body to spin the board as far ahead as you can.  Then you can slowly complete whats left of the spin as you sail through the air and your upper body catches up ready for the stomp.

Once you have that, try the harder version where the upper body goes first.

i like it thanks all
im thinking some nollie 180’s are first
then the suggestion switch backside 3’s from rider, i simply can’t land them
but i dont really understand what your saying here sorry?

he is referring to a shifty 360 (i think?!) so you rotate your upper and lower body at different speeds basically, youtube search them (or grab the snowboard addiction dvds)

righto might just do that

This is what he is talkking about:

That vid is actually an even cooler trick than the one i’m talking about.  I guess mine would be fs 3 shift rather than fs 3 shifty shifty…....well now i know what i’m gonna be trying with my next front 3…

p.s. for the oldies (rider i know this includes you!)  check out christophe webber’s section in lame he does a few different single shify spins…they’re dope.

p.p.s. yeah robot food!

I know exactly which section you’re talking about. I have that DVD here too! So sick! shaka

Oldies ey…  shut eye