The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trip Report: Mud’s Hotham 2012 Trip Report

Thanks for your comments, h0z.

Regarding carving, it’s something I just want to get decently good at.  I had a second trip to Hotham in September and I felt I made a bit of progress during that time.  I found two things were helping; really finishing off my toe-side turns properly so I didn’t come into the heelside turn with too much speed and wash out the turn, and also transitioning more smoothly and gently from toe to heel.

Re: gopro wifi backpac, I’m definitely aware of that and was planning to buy one, however I’m now thinking of selling the GoPro2 and picking up a Gopro 3 Black which, as per TJ’s comment, has the wifi already integrated.  I’m watching the pricing and so far it looks like the RRP in Australia will be $489 for the Black edition, although there are apparently already sites offering pre-order for $439.  Will see if that one makes it past the finance minister!

I am certainly keeping up the encouragement for my daughter (and her younger brother) to try boarding again.  She was actually really stoked when I won this prize, and immediately ran off and made an old toothpaste box into a snowboard for her Monster High doll.  Maybe next time I’ll try to teach her a bit myself rather than putting her in a lesson.