The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Photo feedback and Critique

Rider,
it’s a rad shot. There’s the lip on the left so we definitely have some context. Even the tree helps with the context imo.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. It’s great to get your opinions. thumbsup

i like it!

Rick0889 - 04 April 2014 11:20 AM

i like it!

Same!

Any advice for me on these images before i send them through to Vestal?? I would really like some feedback if possible, thanks!!

Dont know why, but this image I find my eye drawn to the band, even though its blurred. Maybe open the angle a bit more and fill the frame more with the base (without cutting off the band though)

K2_TeacherBoy - 16 May 2014 02:02 PM

Dont know why, but this image I find my eye drawn to the band, even though its blurred.

me too, i think its the black clasp bit. Otherwise its a pic of a back of a watch, not really much you can do to make that exciting. I dont think id ever buy a watch because of how the back of it looks.

haha this isn’t the only picture i took obviously but I’m not allowed to release all of them, yeah mizu said the same thing about it on my instagram, ill give it a go

is the band blurred from bokeh or from a photoshop blur? it looks weird

MarcD - 17 May 2014 11:53 PM

is the band blurred from bokeh or from a photoshop blur? it looks weird

I was thinking the same thing.

nah thats standard blur from my camera, i did end up cropping the image a bit like a few people suggested

A little shot i got yesterday up at Perisher, the weather was pretty bad but we made the most of it! now i got to wait another whole week until i can shoot at Perisher again :( Anyway let me know what you think.

Its Joss Mcalpin

looks like a screen grab from a video.

timing looks a bit off. Either get him in the air just as he’s about to land on the rail .... well, it all depends on body position, doesn’t it? in your pic, his body position shows he’s nearly off balance, and that would work if he was in a nose/tail slide (looker’s right end of the board), but he’s got the rail between the bindings, and his body should be more composed. Catch what I mean?

Bs boardslide to pop out/ wallie out

Canon 1100d, rokinon 8mm fisheye

try and isolate the ride in the sky