The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Grab for Swag Contest 2012

redfrog - 25 September 2012 12:19 PM

here is my entry for best attempt
frontside 360 mute to bail-into-a-bush
filmed at perisher in august 2012
cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j18wdea3wQ0

I hope you got yourself back up there and stomped that, it looked like you had it locked in in the air!

Great to see lots of entries coming in for the various contests, this thread is awesome!

Can you clarify the last category Boxhead or Rider (or mods maybe)?

“4. Best attempt (must grab before wipeout) - $250 in prizes”

From that I take it as: Best attempt at any trick from 1440 to straight air as long as it has a grab and wipeout?  or did you mean best attempt at a flying squirrel with grab and stack?? or even best attempt at straight air or 180 or FS with grab and stack?

I have some crashes with grabs but not keen to dig them out for people if they aren’t eligible anyway smile. Personally I think what is written means that any grab attempt no matter what trick, is eligible (and a bit late to change it now if it isn’t sposed to mean that). plus it means we get to see more stacks, as the 360 above shows and that is a good thing haha.

Crackers im pretty sure that as long as you grab it counts, regardless of what spins or flips you do

Hey Dyldo, perhaps this weekend could see some good entries eh champ?

DylanV - 26 September 2012 06:47 AM

Crackers im pretty sure that as long as you grab it counts, regardless of what spins or flips you do

Thanks Dylan. I am pretty sure thats the case as well but I was hoping for something a little more concrete wink

nthnbeachesguy - 26 September 2012 07:31 AM

Hey Dyldo, perhaps this weekend could see some good entries eh champ?

yea yea sounds like a plan, ill bring my camera shaka

CRACKERS - 26 September 2012 09:04 AM
DylanV - 26 September 2012 06:47 AM

Thanks Dylan. I am pretty sure thats the case as well but I was hoping for something a little more concrete wink

That’s correct. As long as there is a clean grab followed by a wipeout. We aren’t looking for the best wipeout, but the best attempt which meets all the criteria we set out in the original post.

fast eddie - 25 September 2012 09:59 AM

Fixed. You only need the AncXXlJLiMc between the youtube tags, not the entire URL.

I think his one at Piper looked more impressive lol.

It will be up soon I think (might already be there)

Here is my first entry into the grab for swag

Backside 1 with indy grab on the second last jump at perisher front valley.

I’ll enter some more soon and you can decide which one is best as I realise I can only go in one category…..

This is my 2nd entry

Straight air with nose grab on the last jump at perisher front valley.

So much steeze, Mr Fury - love it!

cords - 27 September 2012 04:00 AM

So much steeze, Mr Fury - love it!

yeah the back one is dope.

Agreed. Great effort mate.

T-Boner - 24 September 2012 11:57 AM

hi all!
this is my entry in the best straight air category for this contest.
nose and tail grab off a kicker we built in august 2012 near hotham

not sure what i’m doing wrong but im not sure that the video is embedding properly… the link should work smile

EDIT: Fixed for you.

Yeeewwww Tony! Good to see you on Boardworld mate! Welcome shaka Brad