The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Grab for Swag Contest 2012

Here’s my entry for the Grab for Swag. One for the Flying Squirrel and one for the Straight Air category.

Here are my entries for the comp:

1. Flying Squirrel Grab. Such a good idea for this grab in the comp. I tried it a bunch of times but not once did it ever feel comfortable. Put me on my ass a lot. This was in the Ruin Castle Park at Falls Creek last weekend:

2. Best Attempt. I figured I’d have the comp in the bag if I could pull off a flying squirrel grab upside down. As it turns out; it’s pretty fricken hard (surprise, surprise?!), and this is as close as I got. Thanks Blizz for the footage from the Shred:

Haha that best attempt ‘squirrel flip’ was sick! How many times did you try that?

Due to the extended snow season, we have extended the closing date of this contest to Sunday, October 14th (6:00pm AEST).

AJsendingit2theC, Wins!!!!!

Okay, let’s all help pack up around here!!!!!

shaka

best attempt entry. last jump at perisher. snapped my board smile. we were going to do squirrel jumps that day but I thought i had broken my ribs as well. some nice entrys so far

Koper - 30 September 2012 12:13 AM

How many times did you try that?

Enough to keep for sore for a week…. reaching back for the grab kills the rotation ohh

Dbyrnes123 - 30 September 2012 07:30 AM

best attempt entry. last jump at perisher. snapped my board smile. we were going to do squirrel jumps that day but I thought i had broken my ribs as well. some nice entrys so far

Pansy!

what are those weird arse noises coming from me?

This contest is closed. We will be announcing the winners soon.

shaka

WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Flying Squirrel: AJ2theC
AJ2theC went huge and held the grab for ages. That’s exactly what we were looking for in this category; it’s the top category so amplitude and distance play an important role. AJ killed it. Well done.

180: RedFury
RedFury’s backside 180 was the standout in this category. Good sized jump, solid grab and good style. Winner right there.

Straight Air: Willy
A great effort in the straight air category. It’s a difficult grab and Willy nailed it and rode out cleanly. Solid effort.

Best Attempt: redfrog
redfrog’s attempt best meets the criteria set out for this contest. He got a solid grab, he was spinning a 360 off a natural feature of good size, and most importantly he was in control the whole time. This was a really good effort and he was unlucky not to stick the landing. Nice effort.

Please email promo(at)boardworld.com.au to claim your prizes.

Yeewwwwww! shaka nice one winners.

I wish AJ got the backflip squirrel he was gin for haha

Congrats to all the winners.. some solid entries in there shaka

Yeaya¡¡¡ congrats winners! Awesome effort all!!! rocker

congrats!