The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

One Year On… A tribute to Brad / darb

Tomorrow (July 3rd in Canada) marks the one year anniversary of the day we lost our dear friend. It’s incredible how fast time flies. It only feels like yesterday that we were sitting down having a birthday breakfast in Vancouver. We spoke about family, life, and dreams.

Brad was genuinely an incredible person. I can honestly say he changed my outlook on life. He was such a positive and outgoing person, and others around him felt this. I think about Brad a lot. I miss my friend. I wish he was still here with us.

I really enjoy talking to Nancy. I loved that we got to spend time together in Whistler. She is such a strong and amazing woman. We have become very close and you can see what a positive effect Brad had on her during their time together. What she has achieved in setting up the B-rad Foundation in such a short time is nothing short of amazing. I know I use ‘amazing’ a lot but that’s exactly what she is.

Anyway, I just wanted to pay a small tribute to Brad. Please keep Brad in your thoughts today and tomorrow. Say a prayer for him and his family, if that’s something you do.

The B-rad Foundation website is almost ready and hopefully we will be launching it today or tomorrow. There is still work to do but it will be great to show you guys what the foundation is all about. I believe the foundation has already raised $34,000 and we are getting closer to our target of $50,000. Boardworld will continue to get behind the B-rad Foundation and a portion of all the hoodie sales and other products in our store will be donated to the foundation. This is something I really hope all our members get behind and support. It’s not up yet but please bookmark http://www.b-radfoundation.com (should be up today or tomorrow).

To Brad, we miss you man. Your legacy lives on through all the people you touched in your life.

Bradley Joseph Lentz (1979 - 2011)

To darb!!!!!  shaka

Nice words, Jez. Glad to hear that nancy is doing ok.

cords - 02 July 2012 11:21 PM

Nice words, Jez. Glad to hear that nancy is doing ok.

I second that smile

great sentiments. Nice work with the B-rad foundation. Pretty amazing to be able to raise so much in such a short time.

B-Rad, sliding on the other side shaka

To darb. I’ll definitely make some turns for him this week

Sounds like a man well honoured. Prayers to you and your fam.

We miss you Darb.

RIP Darbs, thoughts to every one that was mates with such a legend

Azz - 03 July 2012 02:33 AM

B-Rad, sliding on the other side shaka

shaka

Riding for darb smile
RIP

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Thinking of Brad today…

I remember meeting Rider a year ago and him telling me about this great guy and his loss and then the awesome love and support he got from all the boardworld members.

Rider you should be so pleased to have had created this community and have meet some many wonderful people, including Darb!

xoxoxo

Thank you, Kim. smile

I remember meeting Brad for the first time in Bondi Junction. He got in contact with me through the forums and we became friends from day one. It turns out we had some friends in common (through Michelle / Whistler / Lululemon). I’m so grateful I was able to become close friends with Brad before he left this world. A true gentleman, a great friend, a talented photographer, and just an all-round great guy.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but from everything i have read about him in the time i have been apart of this community he seemed like a phenomenal bloke.

RIP mate,