The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What ever happened to the ‘Do Not Call’ register?

At work we get the “Would you like to change to our service” or “Can you complete a 5 minute survey”

I generally go “We just signed a new contract with our current supplier. Try us in 12 months.” Which generally gets you a long time of peace rather than them calling back next week.

Or with the survey ones, “We are currently in the middle of migrating our servers. I don’t have 5 minutes, stop bothering us.”

Because they are legit companies (not really spam) they do the right thing and fk off for a while lol.

I had one of those survey ones last week!!!!!

The guy started by sayin “This wont take long…..”, I said “Yeah” and hung up!!!!!  LOL

I tell them that they have contacted the phone at a crime scene and then ask them for all of their details etc…. And that they are a possible suspect for the crime. Usually does the trick.

This thread is hilarious! I’m glad I don’t get calls from charities anymore. Lesson learnt: never give your number to a YellowPages competition.

clax - 10 July 2012 01:07 PM

I tell them that they have contacted the phone at a crime scene and then ask them for all of their details etc…. And that they are a possible suspect for the crime. Usually does the trick.

I like this one haha

I read your query but I think you need to get a professional number if don’t want to block your number. cNumber provides 0333 number which different type of companies are interested to get on this link and they feel satisfied. Hope you will too!