The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What ever happened to the ‘Do Not Call’ register?

fast eddie - 02 July 2012 07:34 AM

everytime they ring, ITS A MUST to play games/pranks etc. on them!!!!  cheese

I do man. I’ve done everything. Pranks, rudeness, just hung up… it’s gets tiring and stops being fun when you receive that many calls. It bothers me more because I work from home. I’m here all day and I have to answer the calls incase it’s something important.

I think part of has to do with the fact we’ve had this number forever. We must be on so many calling lists. We had the opportunity to switch numbers when we hooked up TPG and for some stupid reason we decided not to. I guess a lot of people have this number and it would have been a hassle to change over. I’m wishing we did.

I am getting daily calls to my iphone from a blocked number when you answer there is no one on the line! Getting very annoying I ignore it but happens a couple of times a day!!

It seems that Australian charities are exempt from the DNC register. If I want to give to a charity, I already do - so my standard line now is “I work from home and get far too many of these calls each day. It’s a major disruption, so I’ve made it a policy not to give any money to people who solicit by phone, no matter how worthy the charity. Could you please ask your manager to take me off your call list”. There’s not much they can say after that.

Those scumbags in India, however, you have to be careful with them - I pissed a bunch of them off once, and copped endless harrassment calls at all hours for almost a month. Calling the Indian embassy with endless harrassment calls in a “HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?!” campaign didn’t seem to help. Satisfying though.

Yeah, do the same with charity calls!!!!! I just say “sorry, not today thanks” and they are cool with that!!!!!

As far as all the other companies that call, I say let them call, let them waste their money, let them employ people for no real benefit to their bottom line!!!!!!

If they don’t realize that it no longer works, that’s their problem!!!!!

It works great in other situations too:

chucky - 02 July 2012 11:39 PM

“I work from home and read far too many of these posts each day. It’s a major disruption, so I’ve made it a policy not to give any attention to Mizu’s who post by forum, no matter how bald the head. Could you please ask your Mrs to take you off the internet.

chucky - 02 July 2012 11:56 PM

“I do sweet f a from home and read only Mizu’s posts each day. It’s a major disruption, so I’ve learned to live with it, and pay attention to Mizu’s who post by forum, no matter how bad the read. Could you please ask your Mrs to take you off the internet so he stops makin me look bad.

Don’t be so hard on yaself, mate!!!!!

hahahahahahahhahha

Calling the Indian embassy with endless harrassment calls in a “HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?!” campaign didn’t seem to help. Satisfying though.

LOL

Mizu Kuma - 02 July 2012 11:59 PM
chucky - 02 July 2012 11:56 PM

“I do sweet f a from home and read only Mizu’s posts each day. It’s a major disruption, so I’ve learned to live with it, and pay attention to Mizu’s who post by forum, no matter how bad the read. Could you please ask your Mrs to take you off the internet so he stops makin me look bad.

Don’t be so hard on yaself, mate!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL Too many laughs to be had in this thread !!!!

Just had a call from an energy company then!!!!!

I reckon I got about 17 pause then “Hello"s in before she realized what was goin on!!!!!  LOL

LOL  classic

The second we got wireless internet, we turned the landline right off.  Been fortunate not to get any telemarketers calling the mobile, especially for how long I’ve had the number

Damn!!!!!

I just got another one!!!!! She only stayed on for 3 “Hello"s though!!!!!

snowdragon - 10 July 2012 01:45 AM

The second we got wireless internet, we turned the landline right off.  Been fortunate not to get any telemarketers calling the mobile, especially for how long I’ve had the number

I’ve had Optus ring me a few times o the mobile, and a while back I remember these recorded ones that promised holidays and eternal wealth, but they have stopped and now I don’t go on holidays and have no money!!!!! Bastards!!!!!