The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FIFA World Cup 2010

less then a month to go now!! getting so excited snow and football all gonna be happening in less then a month….. WOW

Australia and Ukraine, but not really a fan of soccer.. i doubt ill even be watching it

This thread needed a bump. So excited for the world cup! One month of football heaven coming to a TV near you soon!

rider26 - 25 May 2010 08:01 AM

This thread needed a bump. So excited for the world cup! One month of football heaven coming to a TV near you soon!

haha i agree, but it hasnt even started yet!! i bought the world cup mag today and they have predicted that we (Australia) will come second in our group…. i hope they are right smile

I think it’s time for everyone to put their money on a winner. Let’s make this into a contest…

I’m going to put together a small prize pack for whoever picks the winner of the World Cup. Once someone picks a country, no one else can select that country. So first come, first served.

I’ll also put a prize pack together for Golden Boot. Same rules apply.

Who’s going to win? Who’s going to get the Golden Boot?

I’ll take Germany for the win. Messi easily for the golden boot.

Spain and Torres. Yay!  grin

Just Giver - 25 May 2010 10:50 AM

haha damn my picks got stolen lol

then im gonna have to go with Australia and ill go with Kaka from brazil for the golden boot.

staying loyal to australia the mother land smile

Haha wow, that’s a big call. Brazil, Argentina etc… all still available. That’s patriotism right there. wink

Good call with Kaka.

have to put my money on Brazil.

i reckon portugal could give it a good run too.

But aussie all the way i’m hoping!!

Socceroos straight to training paddock in bid to combat altitude in South Africa
From correspondents in Johannesburg, South Africa
May 27, 2010

Harry Kewell and Mark Schwarzer have completed the Socceroos’ first training session in South Africa and are on target for the team’s World Cup opener against Germany.

The duo joined the rest of the 28-man squad in a light session at their northern Johannesburg base just 12 hours after becoming the first team to land in South Africa for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Captain Lucas Neill said the session went well and he stressed the importance of getting familiar quickly with playing at altitude.

“We did not even see a ball come out but everyone did really well and it’s great to have a fully fit team participating in training and working towards the tournament,’’ he said.

“They worked us pretty hard today but that’s because we have to get used to this altitude. You notice the breathing straight away because we are at 1700 metres so it will take some adjusting.’’

Neill acknowledged they had plenty of work to do, but was positive his team will be in good shape.

Source: foxsports.com.au

Hey guys, get in quick to pick your team and golden boot winner for your chance to win a prize pack.

I think it’s time for everyone to put their money on a winner. Let’s make this into a contest…

I’m going to put together a small prize pack for whoever picks the winner of the World Cup. Once someone picks a country, no one else can select that country. So first come, first served.

I’ll also put a prize pack together for Golden Boot. Same rules apply.

Who’s going to win? Who’s going to get the Golden Boot?

France as the darkhorse. as for the golden boot…prob some German. Need to check who’s good and the draw

Netherlands!

We got sent a ‘care pack’ from a relative in Breda in Holland last week, nothing like bright orange trumpets and dutch flags at 10pm at night LOL

Just Giver - 25 May 2010 10:50 AM

Good pick! Spain / Argentina final with Argentina to win. I’ll pick Villa from Spain for the Golden Boot, but who cares. Go Aussies!

Enjoyed 2006 so much! Damn you Italy!