The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Places to see in Australia

Hey guys I am moving to Australia from Canada and I will be traveling around come August

Can you guys suggest some good places to go in the summer and winter?

I want to see as much as possible!!!

Snowfields in the winter. I love being in the high country during the Australian winter, so different to anywhere else.

Summer… the whole east coast for sure. There are so many places to visit along the coast, so many beaches to surf. SURF SURF SURF.

I have friends in Surfers Paradise…Is it really what it says…?

I have heard that Surfers Paradise isn’t all that great.. Someone told me that if you go to a beach right close, I think it’s called byron bay, and then you head to Surfers Paradise it’s almost like a disappointment. I think it’s probably a tourist area and not a place that most locals go to.

Surfers Paradise is a mixed bag, the worlds best man made wave existed there, it was once one of the worlds best natural breaks. It has terrific surf and horrific crowds. It is touristy but the girls there are h o t.

Everywhere in Aust is worth seeing, it’s the land of the walkabout so don’t linger to long in one place.

Drive to the rock, dive the reef and go to an outback pub. If you can fit that in everything in between will show you what Australia has to offer and it wont be your last visit.

You do know August is the peak of our snow season.

I had no idea that august was the peak of the snow season.. I guess i’d better be making a few trips to the snow then.. as for going to the rock, where abouts is that and do you have to drive or can you fly?

surfers is pretty trashy…..byron is awesme place to visit..

you can drive to the rock if you want….might take a while but youd seen some good stuff

The rock is in the dead center, it takes a few days to drive but it’s the only way to see it. The biggest rock on the planet - Ayers Rock or Uluru. “A dingo took my baby”

I`d like to sit on Ayers Rock , trying to play a digeridoo(sp?)

I love the sound of those things when played by someone who really knows what they are doing..

That special breathing they do must be a helluva a workOUT on the lungs

Dave99 - 17 June 2009 03:40 AM

I`d like so sit on Ayers Rock , trying to play a digeridoo(sp?)

I love the sound of those things when played by someone who really knows what they are doing..

I have played with it before and it’s fun to learn.. you can make them really easily too, you just need a piece of pvc pipe and wax

My cousin is incredible at playing the didgeridoo, and yeah he is super fit. It’s definately a workout.

Just Giver.. there are some awesome places on that list.. I am going to add Melbourne for the Shopping.. and the Whitsunday’s for the best relaxing holiday.. sun.. sailing and sailors..

its uluru champ wink

kangaroo island, frasier island…

lord howe island…broome

cmat - 21 June 2009 10:23 AM

its uluru champ wink

ahah..Thanks

I`d like to sit on Ayers Rock playing an uluru..