The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Places to see in Australia

Dave99 - 21 June 2009 05:24 PM
cmat - 21 June 2009 10:23 AM
Dave99 - 17 June 2009 03:40 AM

I`d like to sit on Ayers Rock , trying to play a digeridoo(sp?)

its uluru champ wink

ahah..Thanks

I`d like to sit on Ayers Rock playing an uluru..

hahaha dave don’t know whether you were joking or not but i think you were after “I’d like to sit on uluru playing a didgeridoo”...good representation from the bmb already i see…hope all are well :D

wink ..

it`s all good as long as I don`t sit on my didgeridoo…

haha fair point dave raspberry can’t imagine that would be comfortable in the slightest…

Back on the original (I think…) topic, I WOULD suggest coming to Adelaide, but really unless you like taking a trip back about 10 years compared with any of the other cities in Ausland then there really isn’t any point…we do have a tram that goes back and forth though…*rolls eyes*...

All of australia is good to see, all up the east coast, from Melbourne to Noose. Magic!! Sleepy little surf towns like Byron Bay and Coffs Harbor to the bright lights of the Sydney and the Gold Coast.. Sensational!

Not that ive been, but WA is also spose to be awesome. Surf city! If you get the chance get down to Tassie aswell.. One of the most untouched places on earth. Crisp, clean, wild and adventurous! (despite what other ppl say, its a sure must)

Easiest thing to do is buy a cheap car and drive everywhere You’ll be in for one hell of a trip!

hahaha thanks for confirming my point shaner smile raspberry

bangabain - 29 June 2009 10:32 PM

haha fair point dave raspberry can’t imagine that would be comfortable in the slightest…

Back on the original (I think…) topic, I WOULD suggest coming to Adelaide, but really unless you like taking a trip back about 10 years compared with any of the other cities in Ausland then there really isn’t any point…we do have a tram that goes back and forth though…*rolls eyes*...

Adelaide is one place I have thought about visiting.. I think it depends on how much time I have since it is quite a ways away from the major cities.

If you have the time, and the money I would strongly recommend the south west of WA. Perth (The main city) itself is an okay city, nothing to write home about, but if you can get down to the wine/surf region such as Margret River, Dunsborough, Yallingup, Augusta, Busselton area you won’t be dissapointed.  grin

There is heaps to do down there, wines & breweries if you’re intp that, surfing (But have a wetsuit in August!!), caves to explore, trees to climb (I know it sounds lame, but they’re trees that were used as bushfire lookouts and they are huge). Heaps of other tourist attractions that you can either hire a car and drive around, or do the tourist bus thing to see.

If you only have time for the East Coast then I think just about anywhere you go in Qld, NSW or Victoria will have plenty to see and do. I wouldn’t spend too much time on the Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise) though rolleyes Good to see and say you’ve been there, go to the theme parks, but get out of the cities to explore more if you can.

Just Giver, I (semi) lie, if you did have the time to spend a few days down here as a relaxing kind of part to your trip, I would highly recommend it…it is that bit smaller than the other capital cities, and as such is that bit slower and more relaxing…

If you like wine too there are two amazing wine regions as well, being the Barossa and McLaren Vale (where I am lucky enough to live - not that I drink wine)...both are about 45 minutes either way from the CBD, and there are many tours that go both ways if you were interested in just being led around to drink all day…

That being said, if you aren’t all that interested in wine, there is always Jetty road at Glenelg and Rundle Mall shopping-wise, and Mount Lofty in the Adelaide Hills if you want to see what a city looks like from a mole-hill…

There is also Victor Harbor, Pt Elliot and Middleton just over an hour south of the city if you were looking for a surf while you were here, I’m not really the person to ask about the best beaches here as I don’t surf, but I do know there are some crackers down that way, as well as a little bit closer to the city…

It really all depends on what you would be looking to do when you came down here…hope this helped a little bit anyway…