The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Short Film Contest 2012

Welcome to the 2012 Snowboarding Short Film Contest!

The best film of the season wins $1500 in prizes, plus additional gear from Boardworld.

The runner-up also wins $500 in prizes, plus additional gear from Boardworld.

The winners will be able to select prizes from our 2012 sponsors (see footer image for sponsors).

Please note: You can submit two films into this contest, provided your first film is entered prior to July 31st (6pm AEST).

HOW TO ENTER:

Upload your film to Vimeo or Youtube (Vimeo preferred).

Post your video into this thread.

Click here if you need instructions on how to post videos.

Please email promo(at)boardworld.com.au if you have any questions.

THE RULES:

All filming must take place during the current 2012 Southern Hemisphere snow season.

The film must be at least 2 minutes long and a maximum of 5 minutes long (including credits).

You must also use the Boardworld logo somewhere in your film. To download the high resolution PDF logo please click here (right click and select ‘Save Link As’). If you prefer to use the PSD vector logo please click here (right click and select ‘Save Link As’).

The film can be focused on anything related to snowboarding.

You may submit one entry prior to July 31st, 2012 (6pm AEST), and one entry after July 31st, 2012 (6pm AEST).

If you do not submit an entry prior to July 31st, 2012 (6pm AEST), you may only submit one entry in total. You may only enter twice if your first entry is submitted before the July 31st deadline.

This contest closes on Sunday, September 30th, 2012 (6pm AEST). We may decide to extend the contest if the season is extended.

This contest is open to any footage filmed in the southern hemisphere this season (Australia, New Zealand, South America etc). However we will only ship the prizes free of charge to an Australian address. The winner may have to pay additional charges if the postal address is out of Australia.

The films will be judged on originality, creativity, filming quality, editing quality, and overall entertainment value.

The winning films will be chosen by a panel of industry judges.

Winners will be able to select prizes from our 2012 sponsors…

Can ya extend this out just by a tad?????

Say, march 2013?????????  red face

Hey, as it’s ‘film’ (of the moving pictures kind), shouldn’t the 3-2-1 countdown and the Boardworld logos be the other way around?

Where’s the logic? Dumbass arrogant designers, thinking they can get away with anything as long as it looks cool!!!

You did that one, didn’t ya Chucky?????  LOL

Hahahaha LOL

yes!! i already have a bunch of footage this season

Yikes that only gives me two weeks to make a shredit!!! gulp

Great comp boxy shaka

How do you know it’s not playing from left to right?

I.E. Projector - - 3 - 2 - 1 - BW - BW - Reel

[youtube]3gPnp3c7Ssg&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Here is my video edit from perisher last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy

features member Jacobees with his new oakley airbrakes he won and myself in the green jacket blue pants
Can everyone see the video?

Yeah mate, I can see it. Nice work.

Nice video to start the contest.

The filmer (on the rome board) looked like he was setup regular but riding goofy?

Though I think it’s a twin board so it doesn’t really matter but it looked awkward lol.

On your jumps, get more knee bend to get higher and flatter landings (i.e. legs straight make you slip out and end up on your ass!)

Setup is goofy and riding goofy 15 front 9 back! But I want to change it. But I’m not sure what to?

Dope… better charge the camera.

redjames - 26 June 2012 12:01 PM

[youtube]3gPnp3c7Ssg&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Here is my video edit from perisher last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy

loving the landing at 3:03 mate wink

Nice!! Very jealous