The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tattoo Thread

Hate to ask this…

nyteskye, Is it ironic that a catholic would get a tattoo? - when the in new testament god says not to mark or scar your body.
I’m not trying to start a religious debate (please!!! everyone, refrain from going there) just wondering if it was considered or if you did it without that knowledge - that it was a demonstration of your faith. I know many catholics with tattoos and I have them myself despite the faith I was born into and some family members detest that I marked my body.

I have seen some cool scarification and would get it done instead of a tatt.

I have also seen some some wicked looking scarification but have never given it any thought about getting it. Hell i dont even know any artists that do it.

Dont get me started on that supsension bullshit though…

spaz - 15 June 2012 01:15 AM

Hate to ask this…

nyteskye, Is it ironic that a catholic would get a tattoo? - when the in new testament god says not to mark or scar your body.
I’m not trying to start a religious debate (please!!! everyone, refrain from going there) just wondering if it was considered or if you did it without that knowledge - that it was a demonstration of your faith. I know many catholics with tattoos and I have them myself despite the faith I was born into and some family members detest that I marked my body.

The bible says a lot of stuff we know isn’t correct and not to follow. I don’t think today’s society would take that so literally.

i.e. Here is more that you could post for working on a Sunday, yet I am sure at least 90% of people here have done it:
They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones…. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

P.S.
Praise the FSM!

TFIF?????

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 14 June 2012 10:09 PM

Are you comparing the southern cross to the swastika? Or blizz to the nazi? LOL

haha not Blizz to a Nazi. More like Blizz to the people who had Swastikas and then the Nazis came along and changed the whole perception of what the swastika meant.  Its just a good example.

edit* - TJ answered this one way better than me

Mizu Kuma - 15 June 2012 12:47 AM
TJswish - 15 June 2012 12:34 AM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 14 June 2012 10:09 PM

Are you comparing the southern cross to the swastika? Or blizz to the nazi? LOL

I think he was going more for

Blizz is as similar to the Cronulla beach riots as Hitler was to Buddhism

i.e. this is the buddhist symbol

The NAZI Swastika sits at a 45? angle!!!!!

Actually the Nazi swastika faces a different direction then most of the Buddhist ones (ones arms face left the other faces right).  Anyways the average punter has no idea, so I dare you to get a Swastika that isn’t at a 45 degree angle and see the reaction

TJswish - 15 June 2012 02:02 AM
spaz - 15 June 2012 01:15 AM

Hate to ask this…

The bible says a lot of stuff we know isn’t correct and not to follow. I don’t think today’s society would take that so literally.

i.e. Here is more that you could post for working on a Sunday, yet I am sure at least 90% of people here have done it:
They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones…. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

P.S.
Praise the FSM!

Most catholics in Australia don’t take the bible literally. They also don’t listen to the pope much…i.e they use contraception, get divorced, have kids out of marriage, don’t go to church that much and get tatts of condoms. I mean crosses.

So what’s left then?????  LOL

Mizu Kuma - 15 June 2012 02:47 AM

So what’s left then?????  LOL

The only thing left is to become a reformed Catholic (i.e an Atheist) like me wink .

I just realised that since I broke my ribs and have nothing to do I have probably pissed of: Catholics,Jews, people that have southern cross tatts, people that want southern cross tatts, people that don’t like people with tatts and that’s just on here.

I still like you!

Don’t forget probably the entire German race, now that ya mentioned The War!!!!!

youuuu starrted it! when you invaded poland! haha

CRACKERS - 14 June 2012 02:31 PM

Strange that he felt the need to cover it up. Half of the Professors I had were eccentric nutters with beards down to their bellies, crazy hair and weird clothes.

This was at Uni in the US, I imagine They had a bit more limitation to staff dresscodes than here

CRACKERS - 14 June 2012 02:39 PM
blizzard_22 - 14 June 2012 01:43 AM

Kat Von D’s work is amazing. I only have my southern cross tatt, as much as people seem to judge people based on it.

Unfortunately for you the way people have used that symbol now means it has negative thoughts automatically associated with it when people see it. Its kind of sad really, as its quite a good symbol I think.

Unfortunately you are right. As much as I hate it being associated to stupid shit like the cronulla riots.

I got it because to me it is Australian. I am proud to be Aussie. I just didn’t want to get the whole flag tattooed on my back! To me it is a reminder that no matter where I go, I will always remember where I am from.

blizzard_22 - 15 June 2012 05:12 AM
CRACKERS - 14 June 2012 02:39 PM
blizzard_22 - 14 June 2012 01:43 AM

Kat Von D’s work is amazing. I only have my southern cross tatt, as much as people seem to judge people based on it.

Unfortunately for you the way people have used that symbol now means it has negative thoughts automatically associated with it when people see it. Its kind of sad really, as its quite a good symbol I think.

Unfortunately you are right. As much as I hate it being associated to stupid shit like the cronulla riots.

I got it because to me it is Australian. I am proud to be Aussie. I just didn’t want to get the whole flag tattooed on my back! To me it is a reminder that no matter where I go, I will always remember where I am from.

You could always look in ya passport?????