The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

CASI level 1

aha, good luck champ make us proud….

Nope failed it. Failed the teaching passed the riding. Riding was good. But teaching can be improved in class management (which in my opinion I did pretty good) and delivery (this I can agree on some parts). Also I got the timing of flexion and extension during novice turns a tiny bit off which in turn make my explanation wrong on when to flex and extend. Mehhh, I might take the retest but I just wanna shred next week. This course makes me think twice if I wanna teach, I found out that I don’t like teaching and it’s really boring.

Sorry to hear it man. Don’t worry too much about it; you’re not the first person to fail part of a course. At least you passed the riding, right? And I’m sure you’ve learnt a lot from the course. Honestly, one of the best things that happened to my snowboarding back in 2005 was when I failed half of my level 2. I was so bummed and really disappointed but it taught me so much and made me come back a much stronger rider/instructor. You’ll be back! And well done for what you’ve achieved this season! shaka

Thanks Jer! They also said to use the terrain a lot more when teaching. Most of the stuff are just review basically but it’s great to see them actually being demonstrated by an evaluator so you know what to actually expect out of the information.

You and Dan should shred blackcomb with me next week with some of my CASI group members (another good thing, found some great friends from the course) :D

Sounds good. smile

Sorry to hear it, Rico. Sounds like you got a lot out of the course anyhow, which is a good thing. And you passed the riding component, well done. Would love to ride Blackcomb man, I’ve barely been over there. Also cool you made some buddies on the course.

Oh that sucks Skip. But failing one section is no big deal dude. You passed your riding section and that is a clear statement that your riding has come along way!
I’ve never seen a course that hasn’t failed a few people, and half the people I work with have failed at least one course.
If you really want to be an instructor, then you will resit the teaching, and get your level 1 cert. Just train up your teaching like you did with your riding and you’ll pass it that bit next time for sure. It’s just a matter of having the drive to go after it.

Congrats on passing the riding section Skip shaka

Unlucky skip!!!!!

I’m sure it may have been nerves that got ya on the day, and this happens to the best!!!!!

Next time you’ll have the advantage of havin been through the unknown, and will be ready to put on a show!!!!!  rocker

Thanks guys. I probably will take the retest just don’t know when yet.

Just registered for the retest on May 6th

Locked and Loaded!!!!!

Now go Shred some of that pow!!!!!  shaka

Good man. Get back on that horse and kill it!

Good to hear Skip!

skip11 - 02 April 2012 08:45 PM

Just registered for the retest on May 6th

That’s how we do it!
Good on u Skip!!!

for sure keep trucking, I failed my level 2 and level 3 (in spectacular style) but I got em in the the end and like jeremy says it makes you much more solid in the long run.  Best of luck for next time and keep it simple….