The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

CASI level 1

Yep, it’s a few minute walk from the village. From the bus loop in the village (right up the stairs from the Blackcomb Gondola), just follow the road towards the base of Blackcomb. Merlins is right at the base. Big Bar right on the corner.

Best of luck, Skip! You’ll kill it. Be confident and teach those lessons! shaka

Thanks Jeremy! :D

Yeah good luck Rico! I’m sure you’ll have heaps of fun and pass no probs shaka

Look forward to seein ya post in the STOKE Thread, skip!!!!!  rocker

Thanks Dan Mizu :D

let it rip my friends kill it.

I think the first day went pretty good. They told me to bend my knees more (as Jeremy and lots others have told me before haha), but I don’t why if I’m not going fast it’s hard for me to bend them. The hardest thing today was climbing, skating & stopping, getting on/off the chairlift switch.

shaka

Maybe need more forward lean, and a slightly wider stance????? That will force ya to bend ya knees!!!!!

F4 on my Cartels (F0 is none at all) for forward lean. 22 inches wide stance.

Day 2 went pretty well, was a little bit nervous at first but the 2nd teaching session went pretty good. Another interesting thing Jeff mentioned is that to use more edge angle when riding icy conditions (this is to get the same performance as you were doing on non-icy conditions) instead of less edge angle.

Sounds like ya goin well, skip!!!!!

Good to hear Skip!

How long does this go ???

Hey Skip
Sounds like your going well bro.
Can I just say, PLEASE don’t change you stance or forward lean or anything about your setup. You’ve worked hard to learn how to ride you’re board as is. What Mizu said is a good tip to make u bend your knees, but you can definitely play around with that stuff after you pass wink

Also don’t stress about your evaluator telling you to change something about your style. It’s hard not to stress in these exams but you could be riding like a pro, and your evaluator would still give u something to work on. Because it’s his job to make u a better rider no matter what level of rider you are.
I will say though, you should make an obvious attempt to correct your riding in the way he asks. This will show him you’re listening and able to use training to improve as a rider, as well as an instructor.

Kick some ass tomorrow man, and hopefully I’ll see you in a Blue Jacket next season in Whistler shaka

Thanks Andy, Mizu, Dan :D! Yep I will not change anything about my setup. Been tinkering with it the past 2 seasons.

@lanox: it’s a 3 day course from fri-sun