The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Carving to the park.

i really like magne-traction btw. It really makes a difference when carving, especially in icy/hardpack condtions.

sorry gamblor,  but I have to disagree.  I absolutely notice the difference between a freeride board, a park board or a jib board.  Yes there are some boards that ride everything okay…. but would you really want to slide a rail on a 160 TRS… I wouldn’t!!  I would suggest figuring out what you like riding the most and focusing on that style of board….. the major choice in my opinion is between a directional (freeride) board or a twin (freestyle) board as ultimately they will affect how you ride…..

I didn’t say there was no difference. I said that any board can ride all conditions. I’ve never ridden a 160 trs but I’m pretty sure I could ride rails with it no problem once I got used to it.

Bataleon? Triple base makes it easier on the rails and boxes. Pretty good for landings too with regular camber. The beveled edge makes it imperative to edge on a higher angle. Feel the burn in your sweet carve!! Airobic lots of fun in the park, easy to put on edge, a bit difficult to hold the edge when not freshly groomed.

I rode MTX TRS (no Banana) Liked it alot but found it a bit too catchy on carve turns, felt like my turns were a lot shorter and having to switch edges more abruptly. Not so much fun in the park.