The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Burton Escapade EST differences

anyone know exactly what differences there are in the 09 model vs the 2010?
SDV is changing up boards and going down the EST path on a feelgood ES

If she is going from normal Escapades to the Escapade EST then there is a big difference in adjustability, board feel, and how it attaches to the board, as I’m sure you already know. Other than the obvious there are probably minor changes to straps, highbacks etc… I will try find out for you. I have been through all the products but can’t remember the Escapade changes off the top of my head.

from the pics i have seen the only differences seem cosmetic and the ankle strap has a hole in it now…kinda like the toe strap

other than that the price is the main thing.

She will LOVE the Feelgood ES - best board I’ve ridden.

smurfette what board did you ride before the ES? SDV has been riding a 2004 52 feelgood since new and got a 47 ride fever last year for park…but her old feelgood is done…got very little pop or response left in it.

I was on a 2005 Custom before the ES.  While the Custom was great, first few runs on the ES were so much better and I have no doubt that’s because it’s women specific.  My ES is ‘08 so missed out on the ICS/EST by a year but that’s fine - I have it on the ‘09 GTwin.  As mentioned above you can tweak the stance settings on EST to be as specific as you want, but apart from the base plate I don’t see any differences in the binding itself between the 2 versions.  I’m confident that once the ES dies I’ll be getting another one for sure and it will be that bit better with ICS/EST.

did you find the stiffness of the ES helped or hindered your riding? or did you not find it too stiff at all? i’m just asking cause the ES is basically the womens equivalent of the custom x, what kind of riding do you do?

I could pull out my catalogs, but isnt the EST binding intended for boards with the ICS channel?
Maybe later today I will pull out the catalog and share the differences… surely someone with more time right now has both last year and this year’‘s Burton catalogs, right.

I didn’t find the ES stiff at all, probably a little less than the Custom I was on previously but again that would be due to women specific design.  The ES has definitely helped my riding and is just a great all round board.  I don’t do a lot of park, just the odd box here and there.

Yep EST is intended for ICS boards, but you can use other bindings on them.  Defeats the purpose though if you ask me.