The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Camera For Sale/Wanted

I’ve got a pretty much new Nikon D60 I’m looking to sell and want to by a D300.

The D60 is superbly suited for beginners and anyone traveling became it is so damned small and light (DSLR standards).  The biggest issue, for me, starting photography is the size if the camera.  You are much more inclined to go out and take photos / bring your camera if it isn’t a giant honking beast; and this is how you get lots better.  Bought it April this year and I’d pretty much describe it as mint.

I’m also looking for a D300 to buy if anyone is selling. I’d be keen on broken ones too.  I love ripping things to bits and if I’m lucky enough maybe there will be ones that are broken in different ways which I can cobble together.  Thing is that SLRs seem to be pretty tough or people don’t sell their broken ones on e-bay.

If that the case maybe I can enlist all you BoardWorld members to go out and if you see someone using a D300 to go and push them over then say “aw bad luck, maybe you can sell it for junk on e-bay”

$?

I may know someone I can push over.

$700 NZD for the D60 + two GENUINE nikon batteries (stories about iPods, laptops and other consumer devices bursting into flames revolves around the battery) and a 8GB SD card. Strap, manual, box, cables, charger, cap.

Latest photo from the camera

LOL, original is 14 Mega pixel goodness.  (10 + blank space)

that is sick….why 14MP?

The camera is 10MP and apparently the black separating frame that I added was another 4MP

File is 5800x2400 and 2.5mb JPEG and a whopping 235mb of PSD

That is such a cool photo. Very nice Tony.

Tony.
What every manipulation you did to the photo, was that done by the camera?
Or afterwards in like photoshop or a similar program?

That was my 999th post, and this is #1000.
Sorry to waste one, but I just had to.

snowslider - 31 August 2009 04:23 AM

That was my 999th post, and this is #1000.
Sorry to waste one, but I just had to.

Haha totally understand, its like watching the odometer in the car tick over to a new magnitude.

There is a whole bunch of post processing tools on the camera like photo overlay, sharpening, exposure comp, and saturation but that pic was quite a bit more complex and done in Photoshop.
From 6:30 to 7:10 the entire sky went from red to blue to gold as the sun went up. The photo is divided horizontally in time as well as spatially. You can see the roof line overlaps a bit picture to picture, there is also a bird in one spot then gone the next.

f@tony - 31 August 2009 06:55 AM

There is a whole bunch of post processing tools on the camera like photo overlay, sharpening, exposure comp, and saturation but that pic was quite a bit more complex and done in Photoshop.
From 6:30 to 7:10 the entire sky went from red to blue to gold as the sun went up. The photo is divided horizontally in time as well as spatially. You can see the roof line overlaps a bit picture to picture, there is also a bird in one spot then gone the next.

Your explanation just makes it even better. It looks like so much more effort is involved in it than meets the eye.
Amazing work. I’d be hoping to see that in shops soon wink

Tony, that really is a very sellable image, seriously.

f@tony what do reckon of the d200 vs d300?
i currently run a Fuji s2, mainly because i had all nikon gear prior to digital, so swapping my film gear to digital was easy. really want to stay with nikon compatible stuff. what things do you think you will be able to do with the d300 you couldnt with the d60?

The main difference for between D200 and D300 for me is the almost x2 battery life and high iso noise. and the price difference between the two for secondhand isn’t that great. (hope you guys are pushing over photographers)

The difference between D60 and D300 mainly boils down to how it handles.  I love that there is a physical dial for almost every setting on D300, I play round lots.  I hate the shooting mode dial on D60. other little bonuses are: bracketing, fps, water resistance, flash sync, cable release, 14 bit raw.

There is only 2 little things I can’t do with the D60, fps and flash sync. Everything else is about handling and convenience.

Can I get commission from Nikon now?

yeah nikon owes you big time….
i have been thinking of replacing my s2 for a while now, but cant decide on chasing a 2nd hand s3 or getting a d200/300

my main grief with fuji is the lack of fps shooting (i have a whole 2fps now with s2) but the range on the fuji sensors is still unmatched.
but judging by your results with the d60 and PS anything is possible!

have you seen the program DXO? i have been playing with the trial since yesterday and gotten some interesting results. it’s bringing me back to my earlier film experimentation days…brilliant stuff it can do.

Just read about that Fuji sensor. That is some funky stuff.  didn’t get into photography early enough to experience developing my own film but I love the instantaneous nature of the modern day darkroom called photoshop.  Haven’t used DX0, need to process lots more photos with my adobe brand “development chemicals” to get my money’s worth. smile