The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

A Challenge not a contest

Ok so I have been thinking of ways to get some things to give away as prizes but at the moment your all out of luck.  So for now this is just a challenge with the potential that there could be a surprise prize at some point.  I am starting a monthly photo challenge.  Each month there will be a new theme, It would be nice if the photo was taken the month of the challenge (to inspire you to get out and shoot) and you can only put in one entry each month.  At the end of each month the winner of the challenge can choose the next theme.  Sound fun?  I think so.

So this months will carr over until the end of September is going to be:
“BOARD”

Thats it thats all you get, get creative and post your best pic of what board means to you.

Have fun shooting.

good idea man i like the one entry to and lets make it maybe everyone put in there photos on the second last day of the month or something?
that way photos dont get forgotten and each photo is like a new photo?
what do you think?

I like this idea. The fact that the theme is broad is also something that appeals to me.
Maybe instead of filling the thread we could set up an album on flickr where all the photos could go?
Anyway, great idea and I’m looking forward to the results.

hmmmm the idea of a boardworld flikr group sounds pretty cool.  I will look into that, but for this month I will keep it simple and have peeps post on here as for posting on the second last day, it could be a good stategy but if we leave it up to the individual to decide when they feel like posting…. (mabey I want you to see my photo first every time you join the thread) lol

I love this idea, well done darb.

So I was out biking manly damn and thought I would take a pic to help get your creative juices flowing.  Remeber to think outside the box. 

I will add a set of Skullcandy headphones as a prize for September. I will also be entering this challenge as soon as I think of something creative.

rider26 - 25 August 2009 06:35 AM

I will add a set of Skullcandy headphones as a prize for September. I will also be entering this challenge as soon as I think of something creative.

Look at that.  BAM new headphone should help you all get inspired a little more.  Great insentive rider26!  Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with.

im still pondering the current challenge…but i counter challenge with a self portrait challenge….no myspace style stuff…just self portrait ideas…not even something new, an old pic will do.

I’ve got an idea, i just need snow….
will try to head up this weekend or the next.

My first entry:

That shot actually makes me miss the smell of waxing boards all day long.  Great job man. 

Anyone else stepping up?

Considering that this unremarkable piece of wood is so remarkable if wielded correctly I thought I’d portray mine with the potential power that it possesses.

hahaha Great work

i wanted to tweak this a little but have not had the time…this will suffice…for now

Bahaha banger, i get the double meaning smile