The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The 5 W’s

Who what when where and why…

So basically Im wondering where all the photographers are based out of and what your fav things are to shoot, when do you prefer to go out, why you love to do it so much.  I am also thinking of haveing everyone post when and where they are heading out so other photographers or those looking to learn a thing or two and those that want to photographed can all get together.

So:

I am currently living in Sydney, Aus.
I prefer freestyle sports but anything that is active is great
I prefer early morning and evening shoots because the lighting is just that much better.
I spend alot of time hanging out on the beach and rocks taking shots of surfers and just relaxing
I find photography is a great way to express how you visualize things and you can interpret it in your own way.  I cant paint so I write with light (one of the definitions Ive heard photography described as)

Your next!

In Thredbo now

I was in Wollongong, my fav time to shoot was when the sliver of blue seperates the night sky from the ocean hrs before sunrise - long exposure, moon light, stars and the landscape/cityscape/seascape.
When the sun warms the day and the people get up to play. The Harsh light allows me to use my big lens to get some low aperture surf action. Or I get the video rolling if the surf is pumping.

The mountains are great for long exp as well especially with snow bouncing light everywhere - shooting midnight landscapes is possible, sunrise is the best though.

I like to mix action sports with landscapes in the same shot.