The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

rough cost: Japan vs NZ

haha thats not what I meant - I just said it easy not to spend too much if you actually try! It requires a bit of forethought and the odd extra bit of effort - but if it means I can afford to ride an extra few days overseas that I otherwise wouldn’t then I think its well worth it! 14 days riding instead of 10? yes please!

lol yeah I know how you meant it, Cords, but i do remember hitting up the ATM nearly every day.  I was there with some mates and we weren’t being too careful where we ate or drank.

i think its easy to spend too much if you don’t try (to hold back)!

its the arr stuff it we’re on holiday mentality

how much was that?? stuff it we’re on holidays

i know i do LOL

or the other great evil

don’t worry just stick it on the card!!

Yeah, but ya enjoy every minute!!!!!

And ya don’t get home sayin “I wish I did that”!!!!!

amen to that

Lordy Lordy Lordy!!!!!!

so funny, mizu. 2 completely different opinions and never the twain shall meet - but I still love ya anyway!

to me - I’d be devo if I got home and realised that I’d spent money on what I didn’t really care about. On a snowboarding trip, I want to snowboard and that is pretty much it. I don’t want to drink (not much anyway), I don’t want to go out and I don’t want to spend too much money on food! I can go to the pub and spend money anywhere but I can’t ride whenever I want.
By saving money in those areas I can extend the length of my stay and do more of what I love to do - or maybe afford to ride a few more weekends when I get home from my trip and am El Desperado for a ride.

I also enjoy every second of my trips and I’ve never come home and wished I’d done anything, or felt I’ve missed out (except in snowboarding talent lol)

Its definitely a case of horses for courses. My course is that by stretching your dollar further - you get to do more of what you truly love doing! That is my idea of sucking the marrow out of life - Work less for more play! where’s the negative in that? grin I don’t feel that I’m constantly stressed about money either - in fact its the opposite - its empowering to know how easy it can be to survive on so little without sacrificing a shred of happiness…

Ahh cords, but we do agree about one thing as both our Twains pulled into Snowboawdin Station, and this was a great place to visit!!!!!  cool smile