The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Possibly first timer to Whistler..

I want your guys input feedback and opinions ....

OK heres the scoop…

The GF and I have been contemplating going in FEB from around the 2nd to 17th. We have found flights via LA for $1600 return.
I have to apply for leave at work and am not sure if it will be approved yet but if it does thats the first hurdle gone.

Costs are the thing that concerns me.
1. Transfers to whistler from vancouver and back how much where from?
2. Accomodation… We have stayed in the Whistler Village Inn + Suites before in summer and it was perfect + affordable… what options are there if this is booked out.. preferably with ammnites NOT shared?
3. Travel insurance.. whats good/bad etc?
4. Lift tickets.. is there are discount for long time periods. Get them in advance/there etc?
5. Thermals.. will i need them?
6. Anyother hidden costs or things i have forgotten or stuff going on that time of year at whistler??

I would love to go but need to figure out costs etc before anything is set in stone

Thanks in advance

While I have never been before, we have locked in our deal as follows,

(I halved all of the costs so it’s at per person rates)

Air SYD - VAN direct with Air Canada $1800 pp tax inc (Plus we are allowin $140 pp for extra baggage, just incase they hit us up for cartin our boards return)

Transfers PACIFIC COACH return $127 pp

Accommodation 3 1/2 star In Village (Near the Library), studio apt with jacuzzi, 14 nights same time as you stated (30th Jan-14Feb) $1575 pp

12 of any 15 days, lift pass Whistler/Blackcomb $744 pp

Travel Insurance $156 pp

Just add food, drink and any other activity that ya might do!!!!!

Hope this helps somewhat, cable?????

Hey Cable,

$1600 is a good price for return flights. I just booked a two week trip back to Australia in mid Jan, and it’s costing me $1800 return.

Transfers to Whistler. Check out Pacific Coach here. Looks like you can get a return transfer from the Airport to Whistler Creekside (Lengend) for $89 per person. I’ll pick you up from Legends and drop you to wherever you’re staying, so you can save a bit of money there.

Michelle will be able to get you discounts on lift passes. I think you get the Edge Card rates for friends of employees.

That said, everything might be cheaper if you book an inclusive package like Mizu did. You can always get an additional 5% discount with Skimax. Details here.

http://www.worldnomads.com - I always use these guys for travel insurance. Best rates and god coverage.

Thermals: what outerwear and layering pieces do you already have? On average, you can expect anywhere from -1 to -12 degrees on the mountain. As long as you have decent outerwear and some first layers, you can always regulate your body temperature by layering accordingly. Do you have any fleece tops for cold weather? Let me know what you’ve got and we’ll see what else you might need.

That said, it would be great to have you and your girlfriend over here. You will have an incredible time, guaranteed!

Oh yeah, I forgot that all of my prices in my above post don’t have the 5% discount that Skimax tacked on for bein a Boardworld Member!!!!!

* Note that the 5% discount does NOT apply to Air Fares though

I also checked the Pacific Coach transfer prices through the Whistler Blackcomb site and it was close to what I paid through the agent!!!!!! WTF?????

*However that $89 pp price doesn’t include tax either!!!!! Not sure how much that is though?????

rider26 - 04 December 2011 09:16 PM

http://www.worldnomads.com - I always use these guys for travel insurance. Best rates and god coverage.

I always new that there was somethin special about you, Jesusmy!!!!! ......... or is that Jeramus?????  cool hmm

LOL

i didn’t need to see this thread… ffs!

Thanks very much for the help guys its much appreciated. I dont think this will work out this season year but next season year i want to be there. Thanks again and if the tables turn ill keep you posted.

Mizu Kuma - 05 December 2011 12:18 AM

I always new that there was somethin special about you, Jesusmy!!!!! ......... or is that Jeramus?????  cool hmm

Hahahaha! LOL

What’s the excess on that? wink God coverage - you’re set!

Billy - 07 December 2011 07:19 AM
Mizu Kuma - 05 December 2011 12:18 AM

Hahahaha! LOL

What’s the excess on that? wink God coverage - you’re set!

Shouldn’t have to pay an excess if ya only luggage is a loin cloth and a pair of sandals?????

Plus the fact that in the case of a medical emergency, ya can heal yaself anyway!!!!!

LOL

We better shut up now Mizu before a lightning bolt gets us on our ar$e wink

shock