The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

rough cost: Japan vs NZ

Mizu Kuma - 13 December 2011 06:58 AM

I know that some of the BW Crew are there to make it so much better, and if finney, skip, Michelle and to a lesser extent Jeremy weren’t there, then I would be headin back to Japan no ifs no buts!!!!!

LOL

Good to hear such a positive review on Japan though…. not long now!

Your gonna love it, drc!!!!!  shaka

And I’ll be lookin forward to ya TR Edits and pics!!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 13 December 2011 07:11 AM

With Billy doin’ a photo bomb!!  tongue wink

LOL

Billy - 13 December 2011 07:24 AM

Haha I’m expecting more than a photo bomb out of you billy, you may well have to be the superstar pulling off awe inspiring moves to keep the viewers interested!

drc13 - 13 December 2011 07:42 AM

Haha I’m expecting more than a photo bomb out of you billy, you may well have to be the superstar pulling off awe inspiring moves to keep the viewers interested!

Pressure’s on! wink

drc13 - 13 December 2011 07:42 AM

Not sure if either the Drift or the GoPro will work in the low light conditions of the Bar & Nightclub Dance Floor?????  cool hmm

Haha love it, I may need to mount it to her head as there’s no way in hell I’ll keep up in either environment

drc13 - 13 December 2011 07:52 AM

Haha love it, I may need to mount it to her head as there’s no way in hell I’ll keep up in either environment

Just mount the thing to Billy’s drinkin arm and there will be plenty of action!!!!!  cheese

SNAP

hmmm

Lucky I’m a darn good teacher then!!! billy

Just kidding… wink

Billy - 13 December 2011 08:05 AM

Lucky I’m a darn good teacher then!!! billy

So that’s why the youth of today are alco’s by the time they turn 15!!!!!!  cool hmm

sorry late on the weigh in
airfare aside….cause that’s the biggest anomaly on specials etc and where most of the premium into Japan lies (imo)

this aside….i would say costs are on par between NZ/JP
using very gross generalisation (of course it varies greatly on where you are going and level of luxury)

Accommodation is more expensive in Japan but this is offset with cheaper lift tickets

Food ...Japan wins (bias i love japanese food) prices are reasonable for good tasty tucker (as opposed to garbage you get in some ski resorts)

transfers depends greatly on your accommodation…transfers to and from snow fields generally free in Japan

cool thanks Humding.  I boarded in NZ a long time ago.  I stayed in Queenstown and I guess I must be an idiot under Cords’ definition because I went through cash like crazy there, just eating and drinking.  I’ve also been to Japan, but not for the snow.  There are some very expensive things there, but we were able to stay and eat at quite reasonable prices.  Bit of a shame about the airfares I guess.