The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

INSURANCE

My current holiday itinerary is:

- Oct 15 = Mel - kelowna
- Dec 23 = Kelowna - New York
- Jan 2 = New York - Kelowna
- Apr 3 = Kelowna - Melbourne

I have been quoted $2k for full insurance but this doesn’t include going outside resort limits. Is this a reasonable price, what have others done in this situation?

Sounds like a lot dude, but I havent really checked out insurance so I wouldnt know what to expect. Ive used Worldnomads in the past. they were alright and its all online - check their website if you havent already.

Have you shopped around a bit? Maybe if you get a couple of quotes you’ll see differences (and maybe differences in price). Hope all goes well

HOMEWORK - 12 August 2009 03:45 AM

My current holiday itinerary is:

- Oct 15 = Mel - kelowna
- Dec 23 = Kelowna - New York
- Jan 2 = New York - Kelowna
- Apr 3 = Kelowna - Melbourne

I have been quoted $2k for full insurance but this doesn’t include going outside resort limits. Is this a reasonable price, what have others done in this situation?

Is this quoted by a travel agency or is this by an insurance company. I hear when shopping for insurance, you can always bargain. I hear my rents talk to their friends about this and they say if you namedrop a competitor offering better services and lower prices, they will beat it almost everytime. I know that works for electricals cos i’ve done it to get cheap headphones and laptops.

don’t know if its too late but there are credit cards with free travel insurance so you might want to look into that (citigold, citi platinum are some that i know). also need to check if they cover snowboarding…

$2k sounds a bit excessive for 6 months of travelling.  Google some travel insurance companies - I am certain you could get a better deal then that
+1 and I paid $935 for 5 months at the snow and that was for 2 of us!

Credit card insurance can be VERY hit and miss. You have to pay for your airfares with the card in question (at the very least). There is alot of fine print which you have to read also. For that very reason we didn’t use our credit card insurance as we were not certain we would be covered.