The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Selwyn Park $20

$20 all park ride only

getting advertised heavily on snowy mtns FM

a couple jumps and sounds like a few rails/boxes

anyone been to it, seen it, got pics of it

sounds like a good deal

Does that mean you have to hike up and down all day?
I’ve never been to Selwyn but if they got a rope,t-bar or poma servicing that run, it’d sound like a good deal

i’m guessing you have 1 lift you can use

For that, that’d be decent.
From what i can see, they have a couple of barrels for jibbing, a wall ride, a flat box.
They probably have more but thats all there is on the images

It says you get to use one t bar on their site but it doesnt really say much about the park….would be ok if there was some boxes and jumps, 20bucks is nothing. Maybe ill head over there for a day in a few weeks and film so fun throughs ?

CRACKERS - 11 August 2009 08:14 AM

It says you get to use one t bar on their site but it doesnt really say much about the park….would be ok if there was some boxes and jumps, 20bucks is nothing. Maybe ill head over there for a day in a few weeks and film so fun throughs ?

One T-bar use for $20 would probably be good if the park has a few bits and pieces, they must have some
boxes/jumps if they bothered advertising though.

A question out of curiousity, would i be allowed to walk up to say mt. bullers terrain park and use it without a valid lift pass?
even if i hike up and down the whole day?

Doubt they care, you’d still have to pay gate fee though so they’d get some money. Would be hard going though.
Wait on someone else to confirm it though.

nic - 11 August 2009 09:31 AM

Doubt they care, you’d still have to pay gate fee though so they’d get some money. Would be hard going though.
Wait on someone else to confirm it though.

bleh hiking aint so bad. when i stay at buller with a few mates, we stay at the polski lodge and theres a sewer behind which we love to jump all night. I reckon hiking adds a bit more fun to it.
i wouldnt mind paying for a lift ticket now whilst i only pay 50 bucks.
not sure if that’d be the case when i have to pay 100 bucks for a day in future

Hiking gets you to way more untouched runs than lifts can. Yeah, when going from student prices to full prices it’s goign to suck. Not just lift tickets but having to get fishing licenses and full fare metcards :(

Fishing licenses dont cost much though. Off the top of my head, its about 60 something for a few years… compared to 100 bucks a day, i could live with that.
Metcards are a pain. But cabs are no better. The rate the meter increases on those things…..
Theres not too many untouched runs on buller though.
I sometimes hike the park because it takes too long for the poma ride.

Poma is heaps faster when there aren’t too many people though, not to mention lazier. Buller definitely is busy, burke street is ridiculous coming down from one of the pubs or anything like that.

I love having lunch at the arlberg cos i can get a couple of games of pool while waiting for food.
Bourke street is bloody horrible on a weekend. i normally walk across bourke street and go down standard to avoid catching the holden.
saves a lot of time

CRACKERS - 11 August 2009 08:14 AM

on the ad i heard them mention

2 jumps and about 10 rails/boxes - they did list them

i can’t guarantee that

wow
thats very impressive.
A shame that its too far away for me.
If only Buller offers something like that.
I hear that Bawbaw has a decent park right now though

I thought i read somewhere at one time at the entry to the Terrain park where they have the warning sign that you must have a valid pass to use the park.
I doubt they would want freeloaders hacking up the park and using the box’s and rails they had made and maintained if your not paying for it.
I vaguely remember a few years ago that i saw someone checking at the top of the Perisher Park? But thats the only time though.
The Thredbo one is halfway up the mountain anyway so would take 30mins hike to just get to the bottom of it. Perishers is easier accessed as its on front valley.