The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler 2011 / 2012 - The Community Blog

Good luck Finney!!!

Cheers guys, would be a great opportunity if it were to work out. Already got a reply from DCP this morning thanking me for the support and interest in the role and said that they’re compiling a list of candidates now to see who will work best for the role so I suppose that’s a positive start grin

That’s awesome man. Best of luck with it. I hope they give it to you!

Best of luck mate!

I’m sure that ya slayed the interview opponents, finney!!!!!  shaka

Mudhoney - 14 June 2012 10:57 PM

alleged aussie invasion of Whistler

That’s like the “Too many Aussie Bogans in Niseko” rumour!!!!! Or the Gold Coast invaded by Asian Nationals!!!!!

Sure there were heaps of Aussies in Whistler when I went in feb, but there were people from all countries!!!!!

Just like most resorts, when the employment is seasonal you will find people from all places!!!!! Just like we get Europeans/Canadians etc in OZ for our season!!!!!

I think that we definitely tend to notice another Aussie when we see them abroad, cause we can assimilate instantly and therefore take much more notice when we do?????

Haven’t been posting lately. Thanks for the great season guys! Had a lotta fun shredding with you guys, Jeremy, Marc, Finney, Mizu, Dan, Aidy (and anyone else I forgot). I hope I will be seeing you guys again next season if I got the job at Whistler. Back in Indo now for the summer.

Was great to meet up with ya skip!!!!!  shaka

Off to Japan next year!!!!! Maybe ya gonna have to take a flight over and shred some Japow with us????? After all, it is your turn now!!!!!  wink

Ahaha, I’ll see about that

Check out how much snow is still up at Peak…

big surprise gotta be 2-3 meters still!!!!!

holy shit!

Just a bit more than 2-3m…

A mate in Lift Maintenance took this pic riding up to Peak chair earlier in the week whilst they were getting it ready to open this weekend for sight seeing.

Sightseeing only?!?!!

What a waste downer