The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Flow Bindings

Anyone used flow bindings before?  I was looking into getting a pair about 2 years ago but never knew anyone that actually used them.  The concept seems pretty good but seen mixed reviews online. 

My riding style is more powder and easy going free riding.

Ive never used them but my girlfriend used to have them on her old board.
When she upgraded to a new Burton Troop she got new Burton Lexa bindings with it and she likes them much better.
She found it a bit hard to get into the Flows. She found it hard to get balanced and stopped enough while standing up to step into them.
And if she was sitting on her ass you cant get into them due to the angle you have to slide your foot in.
So in the end she always had to put them on while on her knees.
After trying the Lexas she loved them and felt she has a lot more control over the tighness and adjustability with conventional straps over the Flows.
Hers were a few years old though so them might have got better.

I have used them, and I still say that once bending over gets to bee too cumbersome because of my old man gut, or something I’ll switch to Flow bindings.

I know many people who use them and love them. They are quick to get in and out of, btu in order to really make them comfortable for you there is a lot of adjusting to do and customizing.
The only complaint I could give on the pair I spent a day on was that the highback tended to arch back and it created a pressure point on my lower calf, way below where my the HB really should have been - it was like I was using a low back binding. The way the HB fit my leg wasnt comfortable or effective. But should the pair have been my own, I may have been able to adjust it.

The thing I would forsee possibly having to get used to if I switched… is not being able to strap in a little tighter of looser depending on what I’m about to do.
When riding I tend to strap in tighter if I’m doing something more challenging. and I wont strap in as tight if I’m just cruising down the hill.

I use flow & ride bindings, took me a while to get used to riding the flow bindings but it’s really quick to get in & out of them & they are always the same tightness on my boots which helps. I reckon they are great for park or rails when ur hiking back up & wanna get in & out of them quick.

I’ve got Flow Bindings on my powder board. I’ve gotten stuck in over waist deep and had to dig out, made a world of diff. Plus they feel really snug when you’re at 13,000 feet making nice long rooster tails after opening a can of Haul-Ass!

snowdragon - 16 June 2010 11:36 PM

I’ve gotten stuck in over waist deep and had to dig out, made a world of diff. Plus they feel really snug when you’re at 13,000 feet making nice long rooster tails after opening a can of Haul-Ass!

this could be said for any pair of bindings that fit.

I don’ t like them because of the whole pull up the tight highback deal. It’s just like old skiboots. Yes, they are faster to put on but not by much. I don’t feel like I’m that slow doing my straps up.

Darb, do yourself a favour and get some unions.

have had Flow bindings and i do like them (standard and team versions)

have been bagged out savagely for riding them so got my self some ratchets and have been riding Rome 360 for last 2 seasons

Flows take a while (few runs) to get the tension dial in for fit, but then are sweet

i couldn’t tell you what are better though as i find both easy to ride

I haven’t used them I have only used traditional bindings and as the old saying goes “if it ain’t broke why fix it”. I get in and out of my bindings fine without needing to sit down. If your bindings are comfortable enough you can get yourself nice and snug without killing your feet.