The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Skater Progress Thread

K2 I love the detail you went into with your skates that you had. I remember when I was younger and I would call up my mates and we would talk for ages about the tricks we were learning. Skating is all about that for me. Have fun skating, drinking beers and skating have been a favourite past time for me. I think there was a stage where you wouldn’t see me at the skate park without a beer. Probably not the best example for the youngas though.
BKM your progress is sounding good too. Even if you slipped out you are starting to get the feeling for your feet landing on the board. Keep it up.
Been skating a fair bit lately, waiting for the upcoming winter to kick in and hit me for six. Been feeling a lot more comfortable again on my board. Had a awesome stack though the other day doing a 50-50 on the box. Lead to swellbow and bruised hip. Ate it hard, gotta love concrete and flaying body parts.

C J Parker - 02 November 2011 08:48 PM

Probably not the best example for the youngas though.

Yeh I do agree with you on that point. I wouldnt get rowdy or drunk with younger people at the park. We just sat quitely off at the seats and chilled while havin a beavy. Especially since there was a YMCA rep there skating the park looking over things. He was cool with us cos we werent being dicks.

nailed the fakie bigspin & fakie 360 pop yesterday

the next thing i wanna stick are some height on my nollies, usually you can hardly tell i’ve even nollied.

also does anyone skate sydney? i’d be keen to shred with some BW peeps one day smile

good work mate shaka

I like your progress report K2. Looks like you’ve been killing it! I’ve been skating lots too. I’ll Chuck a progress thing of my own up soon… not half as impressive as yours though lol.

And Black, I’ll skate with ya. I live on the central coast but I’ll come to sydney for a day.

Actually I’ve been thinking of organizing a BW day/night at Monster skate park. Would anyone be keen for that??

Cheers Andy. I think I just like rambling on haha. I was typing just what was on my mind, and the after I posted I realised how big it was LOL

yeah andy that sounds sweet. i’ve never actually been to monster but it looks rad

If only I was in Sydney I’d definitely come!!!!

Yeah I was in the area so I walked around inside Monster and checked it out. It’s pretty much disney land for skaters in there (as u can see from Mitch’s video). It has a rad outside section too.
I’m thinking a night session would be better so everyone can make it rather than be working or what ever.
Let me know if u guys have any preference on days or times. 

http://www.monsterpark.com.au/skatepark/sessions this is the session times. I’m thinking a night sesh on thursday or friday when it’s skaters only so we don’t have to dodge the scooter kids (I don’t need to say why BW peeps can’t be around scooters lol)

Pay for my airfare and accommodation and I’m down for a “skate rats” sesh on friday night!

let me know Andy and i’ll bring the camera

not good enough to skate there yet

Okay cool, but definitely bring your board. There are large and small features of all sort so I bet u will want to skate, even if u just roll around.

Went to the skatepark yesterday and I almost have my ollies on lock! I’m also getting really close to landing heel flips, so close I can taste it. All I need to do is get my front foot on! I’ve also been trying to 50-50 on the box and I’m almost there I just need to stop my board from flipping when I try to ollie into position.

Nice BKM!
My ollies definitely need some work but I’m slowly getting better. I just don’t practice them enough.
I haven’t skated in ages cause I’ve been learning to surf but I’m about to head to the skate park now. I might follow you and ollie lots while I’m there (usually I’m just on the quarter pipes all day)