The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Skater Progress Thread

Yeh seen footage and photos of it and agreed, its awesome. Lucky in Melbourne and surrounding areas, there is some some really good indoor set ups like that happening. http://www.theshedskatepark.com.au/ www.rampfest.com.au being the main two.

I got nice new trucks on the way in the mail thanks to Member of the Month prize smile so no need to buy new bushes. So they will go straight onto my new 24 set up when that arrives too.

Andy Aitken - 18 October 2011 04:11 AM

If u need new bushes, I put doh dohs in my old trucks and it brought them back to life, but u probably already know about them.

The prob with those trucks is that the Kingpin nut is seized on one of the trucks so cant replace them with out replacing the pin. Too much effort for old trucks, hence the new ones coming smile

I wanna go for a roll with you guys haha
K2’s spot looks good because it’s so nice and isolated so you can concentrate.

Yeh its just off the side of the road, but the town is really on the outskirts of melbourne, pretty much the bush. And the spot its self is lower than the road on its own little paddock next to a horse joint. There is a bike track that runs near it, so when you saw me looking up at the start of the vid, that was me perving on a hottie running hahaha

Sounds like the best place to skate wink

I’ll be picking my board up from my mate on Friday night, so I’ll have to join you out that way some time soon K2.

Yeh definately. Hurstbridge wouldnt be too far from you. compared to me from ferntree gully.

But yeh, def have to meet up for a sesh soon.

Picked up mate mate’s spare board last night. Can’t wait to get out of work so I can have a bit of a roll.

Will let you know of my injuries later this arvo!  LOL

Haha nice
I finally got all my new set up ready, but it’d been raining all night and everywhere is drenched :(

Yeah it’s just starting raining here in South Melbourne, so I might be out of luck. Maybe I can just skate around the warehouse.  cool smirk

Yeh do it mate!

How cool is this?!

Thats pretty cool.

Tills did ya end up heading out this weekend? Too wet on Sat, and yesterday I was in bed all day as i didnt get home till 530am from my night out. Bit of a waste of a good weather day, but went out for a roll last night on the streets. Nothing but cruising as it was dark, but was goin down the road with bit of a slope havin fun crusing and the new board and felt so smooth. The 24 wheels and bearings are super nice, very fast and quiet. And the new Iron trucks are mint too!

It was kind of the same story for me mate. I worked on Saturday morning, but the afternoon was too wet to bother trying.

Yesterday was a bit of a write-off for me too, but I managed to get out on the street for a while just to get a feel for it.

You can tell it’s been a LONG time since I’ve skated. I was pretty shaky, even just pushing. I guess that’s mostly because I used to mong push, but I decided since I’m more or less starting from scratch, I might as well re-start pushing normally. I did switch feet for a short bit, and it was much easier, but I’d rather try and progress the other way.

I’ll try and get out on the street a few more nights this week just to get the feel for it. Might be a while before I’m doing anything at the park though.  LOL

New 8 inch board feels so much more comfortable! So much room!

Landing my heelflips 1 foot, I’m almost there!