The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Board Bags for travel

Basically just more space to carry more gear. Each bag also gets increasingly heavier.

Length is another consideration. I down graded from a 186cm to a 166. I travel overseas with my bag regularly and can fit everything I want into the smaller bag. I went smaller because it’s easier to travel with, can fit across the back seat of a car etc. It will also hold its shape better and be easier to cart around.

The sizes are very generous. i.e. a 160cm snowboard would fit in a 156cm Burton bag easy.

I’ve got the 166 Burton Board Case. As long as it has wheels there’s not much difference between them.

i got the 166, missus got the 156. i could have went the 156 but they only had purple. plenty of room mate/.

I say go for the Wheelie Gig, Its $100 cheaper, if im correct and only board bag comes with a little bit of extra space aswell as 2 bags to put you dirty clothes or boots in.

The Wheelie Gig can fit 2 boards(one without bindings) 1 ski jacket, pants, set of boots, mabye another set of bindings and pack in a bit of clothes.

I dont think the board bag is worth it seeing as how its heavier.

Save $100 and get the Gig! haha

I have the DC Radar Bag. Its a bit big. around 166 i think but its lightweight (3.5kg) so you don’t have to worry about airline restrictions as much as bags such as if you had bags such as the Dakine High/Low rollers and the burton wheelie locker.

I like it because it fits everything for a fortnight trip so i dont have to juggle multiple bags. Snowboard, boots helmet, snow clothes and normal clothes.

bliss - 23 August 2011 02:08 AM

I say go for the Wheelie Gig, Its $100 cheaper, if im correct and only board bag comes with a little bit of extra space aswell as 2 bags to put you dirty clothes or boots in.

The Wheelie Gig can fit 2 boards(one without bindings) 1 ski jacket, pants, set of boots, mabye another set of bindings and pack in a bit of clothes.

I dont think the board bag is worth it seeing as how its heavier.

Save $100 and get the Gig! haha

Agreed. I’ve taken a wheelie gig on a couple of 3 week trips and had everything I needed. That includes 2 pairs of pants, 1 jacket (plus down jacket carryon), all my clothes, everything.

In saying that I think my next one will be a dakine low roller. The durability of the Burton stuff isn’t that great, and I’ve lost the receipt. My Gravis travel bag is now coming apart too.