The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

real time snowboard stats for videos

Hi, I’m a pretty average snowboarder who has been working on a geeky snowboard project ( AntiMap Video - http://vimeo.com/27648004 ) and was hoping to get some help and feedback, comments, suggestions on progress so far before releasing?

The project consists of 2 parts- a mobile application that records stats as you ride, and a desktop application which syncs the stats from your phone with video footage. All stats and visuals are auto generated. It was inspired by playing Shaun White snowboarding on Nintendo Wii.

I think the main use for these applications will be creating your own personal snowboard movies. Most snowboarders I know get out there cameras every now and then to do a little filming, this project requires the rider to also open up a mobile application and hit record. Pop your mobile against your lead hip under your pants/belt (most stable and accurate readings from this position), and that’s it. Later on when you get home, the desktop application allows you to sync your phone data with any video footage taken of yourself.

Help?

I was unhappy with the footage I got, just wondering if any snowboarders want to aid in testing, and help me cut a better video. All I need is someone with access to a camera, a decent android phone (iphone version coming soon), and some snowboarding skills. I’d love to see a park run, with a few clean spins (5’s, 7’s, etc) off decent hits. Email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if interested.

Here is a link to the video with longer description: http://vimeo.com/27648004

Applications will be released soon.

Thanks,
Trent.

Wow! Welcome to BW.
That is an amazing looking app smile
I’d definitely buy it once you got it up and running.
Too bad I’m lacking in the skill set to help too much.

Just a couple of questions about the app..
Can you just use the stats (distances, speeds etc..) without having to incorporate it into a video?
Would it be possible to get maps of the runs, and plotting the stats/paths taken (what I saw in top left corner) against the map?

Looks like an amazing app, can’t wait smile

Hey T-Spec…

Yeah, I’ve built another desktop app which does just that- visualises the data without the need for video. that way you can see the path you’ve taken, speed, distance, etc. i will be releasing both desktop apps free including all source code. i plan on creating a few apps which visualise the data in different ways.

i’m still deciding on whether to charge for the mobile app (AntiMap Log). if i do it will probably be 99c or something to help cover some of the costs. still unsure though. and thanks for letting me know that you would pay for it.

still in the testing phase at the moment, if you have an android and want to give it a try let me know and i’ll send it to you.

Mobile games are in trend now a day because it’s easier for people to play any time and anywhere. The superiorpapers share some good games which you can play if you have an interest in them.

Wow this video just amazing, I also love to do snowboarding, and I have this similar board, I always get my snowboarding accessories from Thirtytwo coupons, I hope one day I will do like him.