The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

bindings setup correct?

are my bindings setup correctly? as in is there alot of boot hanging off at the back or front?
theyre set as goofy.. 17deg front.. -9 back
and im not too sure how to adjust the forward lean?
sorii if the pix arent clear for wat im trying to ask for..
thanks in advance

Yeah it looks like you have a lot more heel overhang than toe overhang. A good indication… what size are your bindings and what size are boots?? The good thing about EST is this can easily be fixed, and accurately. Tighten the EST screws, but not all the way, so you can still move the bindings around. Flip the board upside down and have a look to see if your boots are hanging over one edge more than the other (which they are wink ). Slide the bindings towards the toe edge until you have equal heel and toe overhang. Tighten the screws and take your boots out. Have a look in the little window thing in the footbed of your bindings. Here you will be able to see exactly what position the bindings are in regards to heel/toe position. Use the same setting for your other binding.

Also please read this article, especially the part about binding position: https://www.boardworld.com.au/content/category/stance/

In regards to forward lean adjustment, it’s the little turning thing at the back of the highback. Turning it one way will give you more forward lean, turning the other way will give you less. Again there is a little window where you can see exactly what position it’s in, use the same setting on your other binding. Start small and gradually increase till you find your ideal setting.

If you need more help just let me know.

Doesn’t look like there will be any heel or toe drag from the pics.

That little black thing on the back of the binding, twist that and it will move the forward lean. (not ask me which way though).

Good info on forward lean here also…

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/236/

boot size is 10.5.. bindings are large

Yep, just as I thought… your boots are on the small end of the scale for large bindings. If you mount your bindings in the centred position, you will have a lot more heel overhang (as those bindings are made to accomodate big boots up to size 14+). Move the bindings towards the toe edge until you have equal heel and toe overhang.

this better?

Looks much better, yes. How does it look when you flip the board over? equal heel and toe overhang?

ok sweet thanks alot [=

l0oks the same ill take a pic underneath

No problem smile Enjoy your ride!

actually shud be alrite.. thanks for ur help [=

awesome topic.
Jeremy wins the “best help of the day” award…
Give yourself a sticker!
LOL

Seriously though, the process followed in this topic was great and the pics could probably be used for before and after photos on na article like “how to avoid overhang” of some topic about board and binding set up.

Haha thanks James. I love stickers! wink