The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Digital SLR

deanobruce - 04 July 2011 07:07 AM

i currently have a canon 500d and love it.

mate had a 7d and now a 60d and if i was going to upgrade i would prob go the 60d. fun to use, but the glass is the main thing!

get wicked glass and the body will produce decent images. im about to start investing in good glass to upgrade from my kit lens

60D is a great camera, but the downside is no weather sealing - in comparison to its competitors such as the D7000. It is also a bit of a downgrade from the 50D with lower frames and the plastic body. I guess if you were to buy the 60D it would be for the vari-angle screen and its movie mode.
If you are completely new to the DSLR scene and want a great camera for both introductory movie and photography the 600D is a perfect companion, however the 60D/D7000 are a better investment for the long run due to its higher capabilities.

spaz - 05 July 2011 05:54 AM

My favorite lens cost me $50 It’s a macro lens I use for telephoto.

My 85-200mm kit lens wont zoom back.

The (very) good lenses I have are canon but I shoot with a Nikon body, with an adapter they will work but are very difficult to get the settings right.

My favourite lens has to be Canon 50mm f/1.8 - cheap, versatile and great for a backup.

and the Canon 17-40mm f/4 L USM for the wider shots, also a great lens for movies

plastic body doesnt bother me much to be honest.

the main reason my mate got it was he got it when they first come out for $940 body only (some one got one for that price at jbhifi and posted the receipt online. simply printed the receipt, went into a jb hifi and show the receipt BAM! price match)

and i have never used movie mode on my camera, never will.

and i agree with the 50mm lens. so cheap yet so damn good

It’s always better to have a magnesium alloy body with weather sealing, especially shooting on the snow.
940?!
Wow, thats even cheaper than a gray import!

Ebay has some good deals on the D-SLR flash sale atm?

http://deals.ebay.com.au/flashsale/

Check it!

tjswish - 20 July 2011 01:10 AM

Ebay has some good deals on the D-SLR flash sale atm?

http://deals.ebay.com.au/flashsale/

Check it!

They are pretty normal prices,  I got that same canon flash for even cheaper in Australia.

Cupid Stunt - 06 July 2011 07:28 AM

It’s always better to have a magnesium alloy body with weather sealing, especially shooting on the snow.
940?!
Wow, thats even cheaper than a gray import!

yeh i know! thats why he jumped at it