The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Which would be better? iPad 2 or Macbook Pro?

Which would be better? iPad 2 or Macbook Pro?
My parents are offering to buy me either a Macbook Pro or an iPad 2 with a keyboard and mouse (lucky I know) and Im just wondering what would be better for things like school work, surfing the internet and iTunes. I’m not really bothered about weight, size or battery life as I’ll pretty much be using it at my desk also, being able to play games such as the Sims or apps and being able to watch movies with a good quality picture is quite important Any help?

i would go 4 a macbook pro i got 1 myself and ive had no problems with it… personally i think ipads r a waste of money

mate, seriously this isnt even a question….

The macbook pro out of those 2 hands down… its a computer vs a little tablet thing…

But then why would you spend $2000 - http://www.google.com.au/products/catalog?q=macbook+pro&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5925086676831680656&sa=X&ei=GJUKTtjNDOmjmQWAw9DDAQ&ved=0CG8Q8wIwBA

When you can buy a much better PC for half the price? - http://www.orangeit.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2588

Why would you buy a PC when you can have a Mac?????

Go the Pro Franchesca!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 29 June 2011 03:36 AM

1/2 price and better specs?

tjswish - 29 June 2011 03:36 AM

mac all the way!!! pc r crap

mac are for pretentious f*#kwits…lulz kidding.  mac is easier to use cause they tell you what you can and cant do.

some ppl buy into the apple craze…some ppl realise you can get much better gear for much cheaper.

PC’s are rubbish!!!!! Use em at work and have used em most of my life!!!!!

Got an Apple now, and will never go back to Microsoft OS Shit again!!!!! No craze, just experience!!!!!

i like to customise my computer and be able to use what ever programs/games/operating programs i like… so PC’s are boss as far as im concerned haha

Ya can run anythin on a Mac!!!!!

Even Windows Vista 7 vers 2.672 blah blah blah if ya feel as though ya missin it that much!!!!!  smirk

fatima4u - 29 June 2011 03:38 AM
tjswish - 29 June 2011 03:36 AM

mac all the way!!! pc r crap

You realize that it is the software you are liking here, not the actual computer. MacOS is a good operating system and if you like it and know how to use it, then power to you! Personally, I would go Linux over MacOS but each to their own.

For arguments sake, you can install MacOS on a PC by following the below tutorial:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-install-mac-os-x-on-a-pc-without-using-a-mac/

Now that you can have your favourite software on any computer, with my table below, why would you buy a mac?

Macs are just made better!!!!!  smirk That’s why I’d still go a Mac!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 29 June 2011 05:11 AM

Macs are just made better!!!!!  smirk That’s why I’d still go a Mac!!!!!

Proven wrong with no comeback apart from “Macs are better”

Definitely need an apple on the back of your screen or it ain’t a mac. Sort of like playing an xbox and forgetting what console you are playing so you look down at the controller just to check.

The even better thing about the mac craze is that people buy desktops as macs. Then after 2-4 years, you can’t upgrade and it has to go to the rubbish. Where as my PC in 2-4 years can get a new Mobo, Processor and RAM and work for another 2-4 years for <$500

i have got an i-pad and they are over rated and not as good as i thought ... i dont use mine very often

snowdog - 29 June 2011 05:24 AM

i have got an i-pad and they are over rated and not as good as i thought ... i dont use mine very often

Welcome to boardworld, go introduce yourself - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/5/P405/