The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Zealand 2011

PThanks guys smile !!!!

Nice TR Azz, the trip is always what you make of it really.  Unfortunately with all the injuries and not being quite through a massive flu before I left my NZ trip was pretty lame in comparison!

I take it the guy who hammered himself at Cardrona in the comp came unstuck on the canon rail over the gap thats like the second feature in the park?  The guy is lucky he’s not dead if it was, that thing inspired a fair bit of fear!

Thats the one NBG, scary feature.

I will pass on that one.

The park guy we were talking to said there were only two big slams on that feature.
The pelvis guy and another dude who broke Tibia and fibula. Ouch !!!! Three weeks apart.

Azz - 06 October 2011 01:24 AM

Thats the one NBG, scary feature.

I will pass on that one.

The park guy we were talking to said there were only two big slams on that feature.
The pelvis guy and another dude who broke Tibia and fibula. Ouch !!!! Three weeks apart.

Yeah didn’t even really enter my thinking that one.  For those of you who are interested to see said feature I found a pic of it in my trip file, I’m still at a loss to understand why they made the start of the landing transition like a knife edge.

BTW have a look at the size of the skier in frame for size reference.

Photobucket

wow…

Nice finish to an awesome TR, Dad!!!!!

You guys really packed it all in!!!!!

And I don’t blame anyone for bypassin that feature!!!!!  big surprise That wall on the down ramp looks hard!!!!!

Great TR Azz!!!!
Sounds like you had a blast! shaka

Love NZ, awesome fun!

What an incredible trip report, Azz. Looks like you guys had an amazing trip!  shaka

I hate you Azz, I would have come along for our birthday shred.

I would have hit it azz wink haha

Welcome to the third and final episode of Wanaka Snow 101. A web series that showcases the town of Wanaka, the surrounding ski fields, and activities that are available during the winter months. In this episode follow Sponsor This? as we slash some slush at Treble Cone, then go for a wakeboard at the interestingly named “Dick Park” outside Wanaka.

THE CLUBBIES - EPISODE 3

For Ep we catch up with Shane Orchard one of the guys that has been carving his way through the club fields for a few years now to hear his take on where it’s come from and where it’s going.

Ruari Macfarlane take us down a few chutes in Temple Basin and Mikey McCloy get’s some fresh at Mt Olympus.

A film project by Riley Bathurst & Liam Hall.