The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Coffee Appreciation Thread

I’ve always enjoyed a good cup of coffee, but to be honest I’m not a regular drinker. I probably went a couple of years without even having a single cup. However spending time with Michelle’s parents and brother this season, I’ve really started appreciating a good cup of coffee again. I’ve been brewing fresh coffee and adding hazelnut creamer - super tasty! The hazelnut creamer makes all the difference for me!

How do you like your cup of coffee? Are you a daily drinker? Appreciate your cup of coffee here…

I only drink it at work… 1 cup a day during happy hour… and I always enjoy it!

But if I go to the snow for a week, I won’t drink a drop… Funny.

I’m only having about one cup every week or two at the moment. I don’t really like it for riding either as it dehydrates me. It’s great for when I need to get a lot of work done though, gives me a bunch of energy!

i think it tastes like dirt. cant stand it, hot chocolate is the only hot drink i like!

I love my coffee! I have definately cut back on how much i drink it. I mite have one or two a day, but sometimes i wont have any for a couple of days. I really just like making my own coffee with the esspresso machine. I like to freshly grind it, make the coffe, froth my milk to perfection and then pour the tastyest latte!
I was actually thinking of buying a machine to take with me on snow trips to make coffees for me and who ever is staying with me in the mornings. Wont work to well in Club Mazda though.
This thread made me want one now, so I made me one!

No good on making pics but it tastes perfect! If like to do a barista course for my own pleasure

I’ve only just acquired my love for coffee recently, but I have a big mug most mornings. Not to wake me up or anything, it’s just tasty. Still can’t tell the difference between the different blends, like mocha, cappuccino, latte and all that.

im going to buy my girl a coffee machine for her bday in sept…but got no idea on good brands!?

what you kids got?

Cafe if my work building… Expensive but I know I get good stuff and the conversation is good smile

deanobruce - 20 May 2011 06:22 AM

im going to buy my girl a coffee machine for her bday in sept…but got no idea on good brands!?

what you kids got?

I had a Sunbeam Manual Espresso that could pump out a mean cup!!!!

A few of my mates swear by the Nesspresso system that uses Pods!!!!! Pretty easy for someone that couldn’t be bothered with a lot of muckin around!!!!

rider, is the Creamer anythin like Coffee Whitner???? Cause that stuff is artery cloggin gear!!!!

I used to have that stuff in my coffee all the time when I worked at Macca’s!!!!!

Giant mug of Mocchona for the long drive into work in the AM
Then a good ol’ Macchiato for the morning coffee break…

Love/hate coffee and drink it every day.

I brew my own and foam my milk after heating. 2 sugars.

If I have to have instant I prefer cream over milk.

As a customer - I “train” a barista in winter at Thredbo to make my ideal coffee. In 2009 a great barista worked at Avalanche Cafe (he was Brazilian) and had it dialed.

So the “spazachino” goes like this;
BIG GLASS MUG dressed with chocolate topping (drizzled down the sides)
Melted chocolate infused with cream, add a double shot to form a coffee layer, then chilli flavouring (the brazilian concocted his own mix for me) filled with milk foam, garnished with chocolate powder and chilli flakes.

Generally I’m lucky to get a mocha with chilli flakes or chilli flavouring. Not even Gloria Jeans has chilli flavour - I DON’T DRINK GLORIA JEANS - their coffee is always burnt.

Coffee is worse for motor neuron function than LSD, cocaine, THC, alcohol.
It’s a seriously strong drug.

I love coffee but the caffeine is no good to me so I drink decaf. But OMG there is nothing better than Vanilla Latte!!!

I only have em at work, at the snow I have hot chocolate with donuts from the stand near friday flat. So good!

Mizu Kuma - 20 May 2011 07:16 AM

rider, is the Creamer anythin like Coffee Whitner???? Cause that stuff is artery cloggin gear!!!!

I used to have that stuff in my coffee all the time when I worked at Macca’s!!!!!

This is the stuff I’ve been using. Michelle’s family put me onto it. It pours out like a thin syrup.

http://www.internationaldelight.com/Hazelnut

The Nutritional Stats look pretty good actually!!!!!

I used to have the Old Powdered Coffee Whitener until I sussed out it’s stats!!!!! One of the WORST things that ya can ever consume!!!!!

I wonder how frangellico would go in coffee?