The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sticker Contest - Big Undie and Skullcandy prize pack!

If only I had a photo of the back of my car after is got smashed.. Boardworld STICKER on the bumper.. Hanging off and back of the car in the back seat.. A-MAZNG!!

Here are a few of my friend Mat from a night out in thredbo..

L.B. - 26 August 2009 01:42 AM

A-MAZNG!!

which bit? the smashing of the car or the boardworld sticker amongst the carnage?

Late entries, but today was the first day i’ve had my sticker stash at uni when it hasn’t been raining…and I haven’t had work to do etc…

Now I hope you understand that given that it’s Adelaide there was no snow to stick it near, and most of the skate parks are so dero that it would have been pointless sticking them there cos those frequenting them wouldn’t have had access to the net anyway (sorry to any skaters from Adelaide), so I went for creativity and pedestrian flow over nearness to snow/skate/surf…with effort 1 anyway…

So here goes - pic 1 - Pulteney street Adelaide, for those who don’t know, it’s the main thoroughfare for people going from the two Uni’s to Rundle Mall - there has been a construction site there for about 6 months, that will be there for at least another year cos it looks like they haven’t done anything at all - saw this sign and thought it needed an upgrade…

Before

After the upgrade

And from across the street

And here is effort two - I figured to increase the reach of the site, we needed to be projecting a ‘positive’ image into the public - getting behind health campaigns, and generally being helpful to the public interest…so I figured why not start in a place where there just doesn’t seem to be enough knowledge or support - proper restroom technique…

This is in one of the more frequented bathrooms at UniSA…perhaps there has been trouble in the past? Anyway, I figured it would be a good public health message to get behind - maybe a potential for some infomercials Jer?

Standing on the seat to squat…
Maybe since I’m a guy, I just dont understand the lengths that some women will go.

this is a guys bathroom though…work that out…

bangabain - 27 August 2009 05:33 PM

this is a guys bathroom though…work that out…

I’m clueless.
I shared this with my wife, and all she did was laugh.
there’s no explanation, other than what has been said… They probably had a problem with that before.

yeah don’t worry, all of us here are clueless too…and it’s not like it’s just in a couple of bathrooms either - every cubicle door has it on the back…

May be for the international students?? (sorry no offence meant to anyone…)

Hahaha, bangabain the construction site sign is great! Nice work. smile

snowslider - 27 August 2009 04:03 PM

Maybe since I’m a guy, I just dont understand the lengths that some women will go.

In some asian countries the standard toilet design is one where you squat so no-one makes physical contact with the porcelain.  If you’ve never seen a sitter before I guess you would try to use it like your “standard” toilet.  Incidentally a lot of my European friends compared to my asian ones aren’t as flexible in that way and can’t comfortably assume a squatting position so they have trouble understanding the whole toilet thing

snowslider - 27 August 2009 04:03 PM

i MAY be able to shed some light on that….

I worked on a production line for a short time years ago, and the majority of the people working there were of Asian descent.

Quite a few times I would walk into the toilets and see some dude’s head over the top of the door, and then he’d bob down. Next thing, you could hear a noise like Magda Szubanski just took a dive from a 10mtr platform. It wasn’t always the same person either.

And sometimes I’d go to take a number 2, and I’d have to wipe footprints off the seat.  :p

I asked somebody what was going on, and apparently it’s the way the do it in some parts…

Well there you go - I knew it had to be there for a reason…and we do have a lot of international students here, particularly from Asia & surrounds, so you are right in that this is how they go to the bathroom…which doesn’t really work with a toilet with a seat attached, hence the signs…learn something new every day…:)

Well im asian and in singapore, they have toilets which are embedded into the floor so that you have to squat to do a number 2.
also, it is probably that because of the cleanliness of the toilet seats which is why they squat on it.
Ill try to find a picture of the in-ground bowls.

and voila

golfpunklegend - 27 August 2009 10:51 PM

and voila

Wow, now that’s interesting!!!

Lol we should probably start a new thread title “toilets around the world”.
Apologies for the massive hijack of the thread.