The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2009 SoHe Photography Contest

Spion Kopje view from Falls Creek 5/7/09

Home Trail at Falls Creek 5/7/09

There’s some great stuff up so far…. hope you like these smile

Love those last four falls photos!
Nudge, that shot of the crew at drovers is mint smile
and MissG that second shot is stunning. I can’t wait to get a new camera and get some shots out like that

I totally agree, excellent photos. The mods are going to have a very hard time voting this week.

MissG pic #2 is amazing!
nice job!

The falls crew pic is rad as.
Good shot Nudge smile

Nudge - 18 July 2009 12:18 PM

Nudge that is a sick shot for sure…really getting me amped for next week! who are the riders?

Banger I wish i could tell you who the riders are, all i know is they are Falls Creek Lift Company staff. They were just coming through the park while i was there shooting. It wasn’t planned at all, just the type of people that work up here smile

Hey guys, the new week starts now. Winners have been published to the homepage.

There were a lot of good entries this week and it was very hard voting. A lot of photos received votes.

Honorable mentions: EvanL, f@tony, Jonwah, Booerns.

Good luck for next week!

Im loving the Mod’s choice in pics.
Again, i must comment on Nudge’s photo of the falls crew.
Its my background wallpaper now because everytime i look at it, i see style, fun, action and a sense of funkiness - everything i wish i could have right now while i am sitting at home instead of being off somewhere else carving it up.
The photo is so simple. No fancy effects. Yet everytime i close all my browsers, i see the photo, and i cant help but smile.
good onya nudge

When the wind blows Thredbo gets powder.
I have a whole series of these, I hadn’t used this lens in a while and had dust on it, ran it through PS to get rid of it, boosted the contrast and colour and reduced the exposure to show the cloud a bit better.
I still need to play with it to get it just right.

Taken from my balcony in the village looking up at near Sponars (Conrod Straight) in the mid arvo, hand held 1200mm lens-July ‘09

Heli again

me carving, backcountry nz…

sorry for all the heli shots but it was a rad day, and with a pro photographer shooting we ended up with a few goodies, haha…

Thanks for all the kind words guys. What is the deal with entering more than once if you have already had photo of the week? I have more i can put up but if you can only have one photo of the week for the season maybe i will start a new thread just so you guys can check them out.

p.s Jonwah that pow looks sweet!

I’d wait for Jeremy to give the answer.
Perhaps you could win the week more than once?

If not another topic of your pics would be welcomed!
In fact, a topic of your pics (or anyone’s pics) that are not intended to be entered would be great.

Well i hope you can win photo of the week more than once.
One of mine was selected for the first week but i entered again for the second week.
No luck though :(  smile

There is a thread already for just general pics

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/192/

- Riding
- Mountains
- Equipment

Whatever you want…

Hey guys, yes you can keep entering. It doesn’t matter if you’ve already won.