The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2009 SoHe Photography Contest

alper - 15 September 2009 03:43 PM

thanks for the comments! good to hear that you like my pics!

Backcountry
Mt Hutt
03/08/09

That is a great shot, welcome to Boardworld

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos

alper - 15 September 2009 03:43 PM

thanks for the comments! good to hear that you like my pics!
here are 2 more.

Rainbow-Grind
Mt Hutt
09/09/09

Backcountry
Mt Hutt
03/08/09

EPIC!

Weekly winners are being posted to the front page now. Well done to the winners. Just a reminder this week is the final round of the contest. smile

This thread is amazing.
The photo entries have accelerated and improved so much.
This last set of pics are very inspiring.

Cool pics Alper.
What sort of photoshop work do you do to get those sorts of effects?

thanks for the feedback!
i use photomatix pro to create an high dynamic range picture (HDR), afterwards i do some saturation and color adjustments in photoshop.

Wicked job, things have definetly progressed as the threads popularity has grown.  Cant wait to see more photos keep it up everyone!

Alper… YOU"RE ON FIRE man!!!!!! These pics are f-ing amazing :D

alper - 15 September 2009 10:03 PM

thanks for the feedback!
i use photomatix pro to create an high dynamic range picture (HDR), afterwards i do some saturation and color adjustments in photoshop.

Ive been meaning to try some HDR shots.
I thought you had to keep the camera still on a tripod though and didnt think you could do it with a moving shot. (ie. snowboarder on a rail)

Dunno myself, I appreciate the artisitc merit of those pics but I prefer the more realistic pics, basicaly as close to what it looks like being there in real life.  The colours, shadows and tone are a bit off for my tastes.

GNU
Mt Hutt
06/08/09

Shadow
Mt Hutt
03/08/09

tails
falls creek

getting out of that place
mt beauty on the bus

EvanL - 17 September 2009 10:56 AM
alper - 15 September 2009 10:03 PM

thanks for the feedback!

Ive been meaning to try some HDR shots.
I thought you had to keep the camera still on a tripod though and didnt think you could do it with a moving shot. (ie. snowboarder on a rail)

i just make 2 more pics with photoshop, changed the exposure of the original pic to get 1 under-exposed and 1 overexposed.
you still get better results with a tripod.

nelsonjameshogg - 17 September 2009 04:55 PM

tails
falls creek

nice shot nelson nice lighting