The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SELWYN PARK 2011

Yes, it would seem I have SUPER POWERS dance

spaz - 14 June 2011 09:25 PM

Hey Tj we’ve gotta hook up at some point. If you and I get along there might be room at mine a few times through the season for ya.

Hey Spaz,

I’m sure we will! Let me know next time you are back in C’town and I’ll come meet ya.

I’m sure I can convince my bro to come with me and we would be more than favorable to bring the beer / food if you have room on the floor for a couple of sleeping bag / pillows smile

I’ll be back this Monday unless the predicted 17cm arrives, Then I’ll be back Tuesday! What you doin Wed?

Plenty of floor room, I might even unfold the sofa for ya!

spaz - 15 June 2011 10:28 AM

I’ll be back this Monday unless the predicted 17cm arrives, Then I’ll be back Tuesday! What you doin Wed?

Plenty of floor room, I might even unfold the sofa for ya!

Well weekdays really suck for me as I’d have to come from work in North Sydney and ride back on the motorbike… especially in this weather… Guessing you won’t be back for a weekend any time soon though.

Worst that happens, you got skype? lol.

Sofa would be sick! I have a mate that would be keen on coming with, but I’d never have more than 2 of us crashing your pad, as long as 2 would be cool (makes it hard to come solo without a car lol).

Azz - 15 June 2011 07:44 AM
Mizu Kuma - 15 June 2011 04:09 AM

Hey rider!!!!! This thread should replace the Selwyn Sticky????

Hmmm, I wonder if my POWERS above and beyond yours Mizu, will let me merge two threads?

Oh O!!!! I think that the Boss wanted them left seperate!!!!

No, not JG!!!!! <strike>JC</strike> rider26!!!!!  ohh

Maybe this thread should’ve been renamed “SPAZ’S PAD 2011”, anyway????

oops!

Good point Mizu! I was trying to find where I started this convo with Tj, eventually found it here! Hijacked or Hispazed????

oops!

Good point Mizu! I was trying to find where I started this convo with Tj, eventually found it here! Hijacked or Hispazed????

Is it just me that feels like this thread was started by someone at Selwyn pretending not to be from Selwyn?
Not that I really care cause I like Selwyn.
Maybe I can sqeeze in an extra weekend down snow just to have a Selwyn ride!
the only thing they need is some more jumps

yep. Even just one more jump would be sick…and a dance floor.

spaz - 15 June 2011 10:29 PM

oops!

Is the offer still going to crash at yours in Thredbo spaz if we bring beers/food? I really can’t remember where I saw that but it was ages ago???

I didn’t realise that my thread turned into a sticky so I guess i should post an update considering i just got back from a morning at Selwyn.

Saturday i rode Perisher. Beautiful weather. The $108 daily fee really hurt though, even after a good casual day on the mountain, i felt ripped off still.

Sunday we decided to skip Perisher and head to Selwyn on the way back to Sydney.

Selwyn is like time travel. Manual creditcard/eftpos facilities, hand written tickets, the whole deal. Also saw a massive mountain cat / feral beast of some sort. Black in colour. HUGE.

Anyway, very basic setup at Selwyn, in the coming weeks it should improve.

What they had there was a small park with small rail, small box, and tiny little barrel feature at the end. The medium park has a medium sized box, which is where i spent most of my time getting my frontside nose slide down pat which only took me a little while to get back in rhythm. Also a medium sized rail and a tap-wall thingo at the end of the park.

NOTE: Spending $25 i didn’t feel at ALL ripped off at Selwyn just to be able to muck around on the parks and beginners slopes. If you just wanna spend a few hours getting your rail/box skills up i definitely recommend it. Unfortunately no jumps yet.

Also, there is a “Boxes For Days” competition next weekend (02-03JUL). Not sure if its Sat or Sun.

jason2233 - 27 June 2011 08:39 AM

Selwyn is like time travel. Manual creditcard/eftpos facilities, hand written tickets, the whole deal.

I was there yesterday as well and they said their computers were down hence the manual credit card facilities, hand written tickets etc!!

Awesome update jason.

How long does it take to get to Selwyn from the Manaro hwy?

Dan the offer is (kind of) still there, I made that when I had a different place - which fell through when my flatmate had to stay overseas.
I’ve had to take on a place twice the price so if you plan to stay more than a night a small donation would be appreciated but if all you have is food and drink that will do. I also have access to secure parking less than 5min walk away (you don’t get to use my parking space). It is a long way from Selwyn though!!!

its 90km from the turnoff just after cooma