The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SELWYN PARK 2011

cords - 10 June 2011 12:16 PM

I’d probably be trying to be there this weekend, if I wasn’t in this damn boot! :-(

Does it fit ya Bindings???  cheese

yeah that comp looks fun! Except I reckon the park will just be overcrowded that day. It said everyone who goes in it wins a prize though. lol. Might be fun.

I think I’ll have to divert my travels to Selwyn on occasion, esp if we have a BW crew hitting it!

could be good, if i was staying there for a few days at a time i would hit it up. not worth it if you are only doing a day trip to the snow tho.

Can’t stay there deano!!!! Gotta stay at Adaminaby or Talbingo a half hour away!!!!!

i meant as n doing a week or so down the snow. not just a day trip to the snow (drive up at 2-3am, board all day then drive home)

we did a few day trips last year and had an awesome time. The first couple of times we were up super early as you say to be there for first lifts (leaving the gong at 3.30) but after a couple of times we realised it was better to get there a little bit later. Its always super icy first lifts and a lot of people are there first lifts and finish riding by about 2 in the arvo…so we started getting there later (rock up around 10)...it’d be a bit softer and then ride the rest of the day in the sun and usually by ourselves pretty much after lunch! Much nicer to leave at 5/5.30ish and get home at 11.

If people want to do a weekend down there, let me know and I’ll jump in a car with one of ya scallywags for a bit of park fun smile

Hey Tj we’ve gotta hook up at some point. If you and I get along there might be room at mine a few times through the season for ya.

cords - 14 June 2011 12:58 PM

we did a few day trips last year and had an awesome time. The first couple of times we were up super early as you say to be there for first lifts (leaving the gong at 3.30) but after a couple of times we realised it was better to get there a little bit later. Its always super icy first lifts and a lot of people are there first lifts and finish riding by about 2 in the arvo…so we started getting there later (rock up around 10)...it’d be a bit softer and then ride the rest of the day in the sun and usually by ourselves pretty much after lunch! Much nicer to leave at 5/5.30ish and get home at 11.

99%  of my trips to the snow are day trips. got a mate who works in the mines so he has a leased subaru gt b spec wagon and a fuel card, so we just take his car every weekend almost. leave the gong at 2, get to jindabyne about 7ish(closer to 6 if im driving), go to serge’s for a bacon and egg roll, a board wax/edge if necessary then cruise up to the mountain. Depending on injuries/conditions we would usually leave about 3:30-4 and get home about 9ish.

everyone says we are crazy but meh, i prefer it that way. plus one of mates dj’s in sydney/wollongong every weekend so need to be back in time for that.

deanobruce - 14 June 2011 11:01 PM
cords - 14 June 2011 12:58 PM

99%  of my trips to the snow are day trips. got a mate who works in the mines so he has a leased subaru gt b spec wagon and a fuel card, so we just take his car every weekend almost. leave the gong at 2, get to jindabyne about 7ish(closer to 6 if im driving), go to serge’s for a bacon and egg roll, a board wax/edge if necessary then cruise up to the mountain. Depending on injuries/conditions we would usually leave about 3:30-4 and get home about 9ish.

everyone says we are crazy but meh, i prefer it that way. plus one of mates dj’s in sydney/wollongong every weekend so need to be back in time for that.

That is epic commitment there deano!

I may be up for a trip or two as well…

Hey rider!!!!! This thread should replace the Selwyn Sticky????

to be honest it feel…weird i guess, if my snow trips arent like that.

But if we had to pay for petrol then it would be a whole different story!

yeah selwyn is neat cos the turn-off is not long out of cooma, so its cooma for brekky/fuel, Its about another hour and a bit from the turn off, if I remember rightly, to selwyn. Selwyn is also good cos the food they sell is relatively cheap. they even had a burger last year called “the cheapo” for about $4 and it was just chips and gravy on a bun! haha

Mizu Kuma - 15 June 2011 04:09 AM

Hey rider!!!!! This thread should replace the Selwyn Sticky????

Hmmm, I wonder if my POWERS above and beyond yours Mizu, will let me merge two threads?