The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Best place to spend a season in Europe?

Hey all

I am keen on spending a few months next winter in Europe somewhere.  Looking for somewhere with good parks, good town and not too expensive and hard to find accomm….

any suggestions?

Park in Europe? Generally not up to the standards of the US or Canada from what I can tell, but hey, I’m no park rider, besides, you can find parks everywhere, terrain is unique.

With the freeriding possibilities in the Alps, there’s no real reason to go to the park, but if you must, Laax seems to be the place for park stuff in Europe. The Nordpark mini-resort above Innsbruck is pretty good as well (my last pipe run years ago). The freeriding is outstanding all over, I’d recommend the Arlberg region, also the mega-resorts in Switzerland like Verbier and Davos, and of course Chamonix. They’re all very different areas with their awesome aspects and also irritating little things about them all.

Les Arcs has an awesome park and a great scene, not too big but big enough if you know what i mean. You can choose to live up the mountain or in Bourg Saint Maurice where you are close to nearby resorts like Ste. Foy, La Rosiere, Tignes and Val - good parks there also but more expensive to do a season. There is an awesome seasonnaire accomodation set up in Bourg called The Loft http://www.loftbourg.com/

Before you go make sure you get sorted with your gear at [edited]  grin

Tignes/Val D’Isere
Les Arcs
Les Portes de soleil (avoriaz)