The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Soft Launch Feedback: FORUMS bugs, design issues, functionality issues

Is there a list of what the different thread icons mean?

What are differences between these?

The others I’ve seen are straightforward but the light or sun or whatever it is has me stumped.

spaz - 03 June 2015 09:00 AM
ozgirl - 02 June 2015 03:14 PM

Its virtually undistingish-able between read and unread sticky post!

Is there any difference at all? I genuinely can’t see any difference (apart from the forum home and general screen/s).

I find the sizing is perfect. Almost every other website I need to zoom if doing a lot of reading.
Chrome version 43.0.2357.81 (64-bit)
MacPro 10.7.5
50” screen at 720 or 1080

I don’t think so

blizzard_22 - 02 June 2015 08:39 PM
ozgirl - 02 June 2015 06:42 PM

Maybe check the PC’s accessibility settings?

Why?

Every other site is fine for me?

I have to scroll just to hit submit on this post in 100%

Here is my world of BW in 100% on CHrome on a PC (brand new laptop with most recent Chrome)

Even if Spaz only worte one line here there is so much space around his user details you will never see more than one person post.

To reply I have to scroll…

My world on a blackberry

Jez mid rant…

I find the sizing is perfect. Almost every other website I need to zoom if doing a lot of reading.
MacPro 10.7.5

50” screen at 720 or 1080? I have a 24” screen at 1200…

You might need some glasses if you need to zoom websites mate…

Dantheman - 03 June 2015 08:53 AM

I keep seeing a bug in the forums named “RhysL”

Go stand on something for a profile pic Dan. Its the only thing you’re good for.
:D

Even on a 24” screen the submit post button is bordering on the bottom of the page.

Not sure why the heading needs to be in size 32 font in the black bar above either. A 16 or 18 point font would suffice.

This may have been discussed already, but is it possible to have these links anchored or atleast appear at the bottom of a thread on the

mobile version

, im not the biggest fan of having to scroll back up to the top again.

Are Apple the only mobile devices that scroll back to the top if you tap the top of your screen?

Not such a big problem for Apple mobile users but wouldn’t complain with a nav bar at the bottom.

TJswish - 03 June 2015 09:49 AM

MacPro 10.7.5

50” screen at 720 or 1080? I have a 24” screen at 1200…

You might need some glasses if you need to zoom websites mate…

raspberry eyes are good, had them tested not long ago.

spaz - 09 June 2015 10:58 AM

Are Apple the only mobile devices that scroll back to the top if you tap the top of your screen?

Not such a big problem for Apple mobile users but wouldn’t complain with a nav bar at the bottom.

Turns out that android does this as well (didnt know that so thanks for the tip spaz)
So my previous feedback is kinda redundant now, but i do have a handy new phone trick though!!!!

Thanks for all the feedback. Please know we read everything and we’re working to get everything fixed. We always have to prioritise tasks so some changes may take a little while (and sometimes we need to consider several solutions), but all feedback has been noted.

With the logging out issue, i.e., logging you out even when you tick “keep me logged in”... how many people is this happening to? Can you please give details of computer type and browser. Thanks.

I am using Safari on an iMac and it happens if I stop browsing for more than a couple of minutes, leave the tab open and come back and click refresh.

Hey y’all.

Just a quick point of feedback if I can:

This is on regular web based browser. I notice that if there’s more than 1 page on a topic/post, then page link shows up only on the bottom.

It might be useful to show it on the top too, as people may scroll up to check what they’d like to quote before clicking on it.

I know I do. It’s not a deal breaker, but I thought I’d do my part to make BW more awesome. =P