The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Soft Launch Feedback: FORUMS bugs, design issues, functionality issues

blizzard_22 - 02 June 2015 09:27 AM
TJswish - 02 June 2015 08:35 AM

I click into 5 threads at a time all in new tabs. I often look at the previous thread to work out what I’m looking at lol

Exact same for me too

Me too…

rider26 - 01 June 2015 06:33 PM
spaz - 01 June 2015 05:57 PM

Would be nice if the navigation bar, locked at the top of page, told you what thread you’re on instead of just “THREAD”

I agree and disagree with this. I think it could be done elsewhere but I don’t think there’s enough room on the blue nav bar. Would get super messy with long titles. Will look into a solution.

Maybe the Thread title in another bar, locked at the top, below the navigation bar. Could be in black with much smaller font.
I know this could start to encroach on the clean layout but I don’t think it would be so bad.

Its virtually undistingish-able between read and unread sticky post!

Agree ^^^ especially when using a smartphone

Also i am still finding everything to be overly large!

I am reducing my zoom to 80% only to make it more pleasing on the eye.

ozgirl - 02 June 2015 05:06 PM

Also i am still finding everything to be overly large!

I am reducing my zoom to 80% only to make it more pleasing on the eye.

On computer or phone? I am still zoomed in on the laptop!

Chrome on PC

Phone i don’t know how to reduce my view - but can barely view anything on the phone.

But know my phone preferences are never going to be acknowledged!

We will work on the sticky/read/unread posts icons. This might not happen immediately though.

We will continue to try improve sizing etc. Again, this might not happen immediately. Please be as specific as you can when giving feedback regarding the sizing. Browsers, computer/mobile, what the problem is exactly etc.

With the thread name in the top bar… continuing the conversation on this…

The thread name is in the big text in the black bar not far from the blue nav bar. Surely this can be seen as soon as you click into the new tab? It’s also there when you’re replying as well.

Is this not sufficient? Maybe it just takes some getting used to?

I think that is enough Jez, having the thread title there. To be absolutely honest it was a pet peeve from the previous site and I hadn’t paid attention to see it was actually there in the new forums smile

ozgirl - 02 June 2015 06:42 PM

Chrome on PC

That’s interesting, cause I am running Chrome and Windows 8 on my laptop and have my zoom set to 125%.

Maybe check the PC’s accessibility settings?

Working beautifully so far on windows phone 8.1 on explorer. (mobile view is look’n gooood guys!). Thumbs up from me!

See below smile

Loving the new layout, graphics, fonts, everything. Excellent work mate.

rider26 - 02 June 2015 07:23 PM

With the thread name in the top bar… continuing the conversation on this…

The thread name is in the big text in the black bar not far from the blue nav bar. Surely this can be seen as soon as you click into the new tab? It’s also there when you’re replying as well.

Is this not sufficient? Maybe it just takes some getting used to?

teacherboy I must have had the thread title idea while using fast reply. Yeah, I think the thread title is distinguishable enough using post reply. lol

I keep seeing a bug in the forums named “RhysL”

ozgirl - 02 June 2015 03:14 PM

Its virtually undistingish-able between read and unread sticky post!

Is there any difference at all? I genuinely can’t see any difference (apart from the forum home and general screen/s).

I find the sizing is perfect. Almost every other website I need to zoom if doing a lot of reading.
Chrome version 43.0.2357.81 (64-bit)
MacPro 10.7.5
50” screen at 720 or 1080