The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Soft Launch: Please read before using new site and giving feedback

Hey guys,

Welcome to the new Boardworld. It’s been a long road getting to this point but it’s a huge step forward for Boardworld and our community.

Please read this post in full before browsing the site and especially before giving feedback.

1. The site is far from ready. A lot of content needs to still go in, the store doesn’t have any products yet, there may be missing images, links will be broken etc. What you’re really seeing is a bit of a “shell” of the new site. For the first couple days, please feel free to look around the entire site, but please focus your time, testing, and feedback to the forums. The rest of the site isn’t quite ready as we’re still making tweaks and content needs to go in.

2. I have created new threads for feedback and bugs for all the various parts of the site. All these threads are pinned to the top of Site Feedback and Testing. Please only post in the designated thread. This ensures all messages are read and noted by me and the team. This is where we will reply to you.

3. In the mentioned threads, I will also start compiling a list of known bugs/issues, just so you can save your time if we’re already aware of something which we are fixing.

4. During this time one of the most important things we can do is create new threads/discussions… really interesting, engaging, and unique discussions. Things you are genuinely interested in and want to discuss. Threads that add VALUE to the community. This is our chance to populate the forums with a whole bunch of new and interesting discussions for new and old members to get involved with once we launch properly. Start threads in all sections you’re interested in. Ask questions, drop knowledge, offer help, entertain us with a funny/interesting thread in Social. It’s totally up to you, but please do what you can here. It’s very important. Please also make sure you reply to the new threads as well. If someone starts a new thread, check it out, embrace it, get it off to a great start, and get involved!

5. Please be honest in your feedback. This is what we need. No need to sugarcoat anything. We can take it, I promise. That’s what this process is all about.

6. Please be as specific as possible. This is really important. Assume we are complete idiots. Identify where the problem is, what’s happening, how to replicate it. Please also upload screenshots.

7. Please reply to the new welcome thread: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/18471/

8. If you aren’t a member yet, please register an account so you can participate. We need you to be a member to give feedback, but more importantly: we want you to be a part of our community! Please leave any issues or feedback regarding registration here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/18477/

I will actually be unavailable for the next 24 hours. Start playing around, use the forums as usual, start new threads, keep an eye our for anything weird. If you need anything, Riely (walker on the forums) will be here to help as much as he can.

That’s about it for now. Thank you so much for offering to be a part of this process. I’ve said it a million times before and I’ll say it a million times again: Boardworld would be nothing without you guys! Seriously, each an every one of you have made Boardworld something special. It’s our community that continues to be the driving force for everything we do. Without you, this new website would have never come into existence. So, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

What is happening with moderators?

I don’t recall you mentioning anything about them not being functional during the soft launch, is this the case? Will they be reinstated, reallocated sections, new moderators?