The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2015

School holidays!!

Yaayyyyyy…..............

*Snort*

mattyp - 22 June 2015 01:58 PM

School holidays!!

Yaayyyyyy…..............

Have you tried the Typo at the slopes yet mate? Looking to get one.

Last 3 weekends have been great at perisher, having an awesome time so far this season. It’s what you make it at this time of year. Im away with work for 3 weeks coming up so hopefully we’ve had a few decent storm by then. Heading up Saturday, im tipping its going to be super busy.

Dan snapped this of me on Saturday doing fun laps on FV

Is anyone going to be in the park Saturday? Debating on bringing my camera or not

blizzard_22 - 25 June 2015 07:33 AM

Is anyone going to be in the park Saturday? Debating on bringing my camera or not

Weather depending, possibly.
I’m off all day, will be working the night though.

Achievement for the day.
Finally hit the FV jump.  It’s at 35 apparently, but certainly feels a lot bigger. Easily the highest Iv ever been on a snowboard!

Jake, havnt had a chance to ride too much on it.  But its great.  Heaps of pop, feels a little stiffer then my Basic, but that’s a year old now.. Definitely a good board to have!  I’m pretty stoked with it.  Few more chips in the deck and I’ll start throwing it around abit more.

I’ll be off Sat and Sun if anyone wants to do some laps.

Mt. P is also open now.

The rebuilt Front Valley park. Photo: Beckinsale.

That jump looks fun as fuck!

Perisher was looking a bit sad last weekend, mt perisher and zali were both icy with clumps of soft stuff scraped into piles. Had to aim at the piles to try anything lol.

Here’s an album of gopro snaps from 13-14th June weekend which I felt was much nicer.
Still better than spending the weekend in the city!

Blue Cow weekend

I saw a couple of boards out there with the boardworld sticker on the nose. what did you guys think of the weekend?

I was very impressed with the quality of snow!

Spent a few hours on Mt P which was great from about 11am - 1pm and after that it became harder and harder to avoid the rocks.

There was a few of us that would have had BW stickers on boards!

all_good_bro - 30 June 2015 08:31 AM

I saw a couple of boards out there with the boardworld sticker on the nose. what did you guys think of the weekend?

I was in the park all day filming for a friend.

It is so sad the conditions at the moment :( I know Perisher are working their arses off to have runs open but I wish mother nature would come to the party!

I had a super fun day on Saturday. We spent the morning at the FV park and then headed to Blue cow. From top of BC down to rollercaster was super fun, plenty of side hits and fun places to jib. Zalis was great on skiers left. I got on there and it was sugery bliss, nice and soft, even though it was just off the run it was great with plenty of side hits where the guns had carried off the run.

My board did get a few rock scars, but totally worth it, nothing a bit of ptex can’t fix

finally, its gunna snow…maybe…lol
10 days is along time in weather forecasts but this GFS chart
is looking good, not as good as it was yesterday, but hanging in there.
should be at least a few days of snow.
I still think we are on track for top 5 worse seasons. hope im wrong.
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/models/?lt=wzcountry&lc=aus&mt=accessg&mc=mslp&mso=0&mh=240&focus=mh

brenno - 01 July 2015 08:02 AM

finally, its gunna snow…maybe…lol

Haha - yeah that’s it exactly!

Mother nature is sure keeping us on our toes this year!

Ah well - i am still having fun with my man/friends!

well its starting to look up on the snow front. the current gfs run has a good fall next Friday 10th, and a run of snow days behind it

all_good_bro - 30 June 2015 08:31 AM

Perisher was looking a bit sad last weekend, mt perisher and zali were both icy with clumps of soft stuff scraped into piles. Had to aim at the piles to try anything lol.

Here’s an album of gopro snaps from 13-14th June weekend which I felt was much nicer.
Still better than spending the weekend in the city!

Blue Cow weekend

Quite possibly myself or my other half!!  (with the boardworld stickers! Haha) I would of had either my BW hoodie or my rainbow tie dye one on! Come say hi some time of you spot them again!

I was there the 12/13/14th and again last weekend (27/28th) and for no natural snow.. The resort/snow making team are doing one hell of a job with quite a few runs open!! I’ve been having fun! And will be back in 2 weeks. For a week - one after school holidays.  rollercoaster has been really fun and towers is pretty good! Not a fan of zalis atm.. Its been really icy, and I stacked pretty hard on my left knee and its all bruised and possibly chipped/fractured my patella.. (get xray results tomorrow) just above the bruise there are a few hard bits that move around.. Kinda off putting…  Hoping its all good as I can walk around alright.. And would like to be riding with everyone when I’m back down!