The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2014-2015 — Official Thread

I had such a great weekend with you guys. Saturday was heaps of fun. Welcome back to Lu! Big awesome shred posse and I had the pleasure of taking Jacqueline (geniass on the forums) and her husband Chris around for a few runs up at Peak. I hope you guys had a great time in Whistler! Looking forward to having you back! grin

Sunday was heaps of fun too. Shredding with Finney, Dylan, Andy Aitken, and Louise (who USED TO be on Boardworld haha wink). It was so much fun riding with this group. Everyone was ripping and having so much fun. I’m seriously amazed at how well Finney is riding and how hard he’s going after only being back for a few days. I tip my hat to you, bearded sir. shaka

DylanV - 11 March 2015 07:18 AM

Hey leasha
you should watch for positions opening up on the WB website and apply for those, usually around september you will see jobs for the winter start popping up
whistlerblackcomb.com/employment/jobs-at-whistler-blackcomb/index.aspx

as far as bar work goes, if you have experience as a bartender then you might have a shot at getting straight behind the bar, but if you don’t you will most likely have to start out as a host, porter or something along those lines.

Thanks Dylan i’ll keep an eye out for them, no i’ve never worked in a bar before and it would be my second choice anyway if I didn’t get lifty. I’ll just keep an eye on here keep saving the $$$ then in a few months starting booking things once I know when i’ll need to be in Whistler for the job fair.

Best site to look for flights to Vancouver? If I see any early bird deals I want to jump onto it :D

Kayak.com or skyscanner

Don’t book any flights until 3 months out. between 3 and 2 months is the best prices for most flights to popular destinations. Unless can you bag an awesome deal. If you’re looking 1 way, I paid about 1000 with Air Canada to Vancouver which was pretty much the best I could get.

TJswish - 12 March 2015 12:04 PM

Kayak.com or skyscanner

Don’t book any flights until 3 months out. between 3 and 2 months is the best prices for most flights to popular destinations. Unless can you bag an awesome deal. If you’re looking 1 way, I paid about 1000 with Air Canada to Vancouver which was pretty much the best I could get.

Thanks i’ll have a look at those sites, yeah unless I pay something super crazy i’ll be booking in June or July.

On a side note: I paid for my visa on Tuesday night, I was looking at your visa post in the mega thread and I don’t see anything about printing out a form. Do I get that once they have received my payment? Really don’t want to stuff up my visa.

Yep, there is 2 parts. The first part is simple, the second part is a pain in the ass.

TJswish - 12 March 2015 01:05 PM

Yep, there is 2 parts. The first part is simple, the second part is a pain in the ass.

Right well it says my payment and requested documents are pending so I guess i’ll get the second part once they have gone through.

Yep, and you don’t get money back if anything fails. It’s really a bad process which is why I tried to document it as best as I could.

Just looked over the thread again and there are quite a few things I should update. Just have to get off my ass and do it lol.

TJswish - 12 March 2015 01:39 PM

Just looked over the thread again and there are quite a few things I should update. Just have to get off my ass and do it lol.

Hey TJ, which parts do you believe are worth updating? That Canada mega thread you created is awesome and really helpful. I’m about to begin working on my visa applications and would be good to know which parts you might advise differently before I do so.

Also question to anyone; with the 24 month working visa does that permit multiple entry? As in, if I did one season then returned to Australia for our winter, can I return under the same visa for the following season in Canada?

Cheers!

james88 - 12 March 2015 07:53 PM
TJswish - 12 March 2015 01:39 PM

Hey TJ, which parts do you believe are worth updating? That Canada mega thread you created is awesome and really helpful. I’m about to begin working on my visa applications and would be good to know which parts you might advise differently before I do so.

Also question to anyone; with the 24 month working visa does that permit multiple entry? As in, if I did one season then returned to Australia for our winter, can I return under the same visa for the following season in Canada?

Cheers!

Few spelling mistakes and tags that are just hanging around to begin with… but I’ve also been to a few of the resorts now and can give a better understanding of pros and cons.

The Visa application guide is still good though, I wouldn’t change that up. Just follow it to a tee and feel free to contact me or Jeremy (Rider26) if you want any help.

To answer your question, yes you can leave the country and return. I went to the USA after entry and then back again and there was no issues (other than over an hour of lining up for entry into the USA…) Any ideas on where you’d want to go and what’s your plans James?

P.S. Welcome to the community if I haven’t said so already smile
And if you want to hear about my trip, feel free to read the blog I wrote - http://bwcanada.weebly.com/tjs-experience

I just successfully got a WTN for my new two year visa. As long as I don’t mess my application up along the way, i’ll be here for the next two and half years. So pleased right now!

That’s great news, John. Stoked to hear it. grin

Oh, look… you have a new avatar too! smirk

Ha, thanks! I can’t remember if I ever got round to uploading the rfc badge as an avatar or not?

Now I just need to get a house sorted. At the moment i’ve only found one big enough house and can’t get a response from the letting agent about. Everything else is either slightly too small or just single rooms.

Does anyone here work for guest relations at WB? My friend worked at the same place as me and lost her job. We both have Whistler experience passes and it seems like her former employer has informed WB so her pass no longer works. She just got a new job in Whistler at a restaurant. Do you know if it’s easy enough to reactivate it through them or will she have to pay the difference for a full price pass? She lied when they applied for the new job and said she only just arrived in Whistler(didn’t want to tell them she was fired) so wants to avoid letting the new place know she’s been here all season.

Sarah worked in some sort of Admin job at Whis last season, not sure if she is still there. I could ask her if she does anything like that?

Would be awesome if you could. I’ll be heading to guest relations tomorrow anyway so I can speak to them then if not.