The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Photographers and Videographers

Hey guys I just wanted to see how many of you are pro or amateurs in the field.  I am currently working as a amateur photographer.  I am specializing in athletic photography.  I have done a few shoots for some local yoga instructors and have recently started looking for Skaters and Surfers that are interested in having personal photos shoots done.  Im hoping to get out to the snow and do a couple of shoots out there to but I really prefer to ride myself and not worry about anyone else.

Anyway I thought this might be a good area to share tips and create a great social network for those in our fields.

Cheers

Hey darb,

We snap a few gig of pics each season. Mainly in it for the fun of it and creating lots of memories.
We put our pics up on Mike D’s site http://www.jib.com.au if you want to have a peek.

Just lashed out and bought a Cannon D50 with a 18 - 200mm lense. 6.3 frames a second, sick for sequence shots.
Hanging for the rail park to happening to give it a good work out.

Cheers
Azz and Tambo

Ooooow that is the camera I am buying very soon. I almost bought the 40D before I went overseas, but I decided to wait. Good call because the 50D came out while I was away. I have previously used the 40D and like it a lot, haven’t had the chance to play with the 50D yet. How do you like the camera? Do you have any other lenses?

hey darb didnt you have some epic gallery on another forum site? i remember your stuff.

Darb,
Depending were you are heading I can hook you up with a great way to video while not having to worry about you or others riding. go here

There is also opportunity to work in Thredbo as a photographer shooting happy snaps.

full time spaz? what are the conditions?

As many hours as you want.
You need your own camera.
Your own accommodation.
Commission based.  25%-33% of sales
Previous years I’ve seen some earn beyond $1000 a week others less than $100.

rider26 - 29 June 2009 10:53 AM

Ooooow that is the camera I am buying very soon. I almost bought the 40D before I went overseas, but I decided to wait. Good call because the 50D came out while I was away. I have previously used the 40D and like it a lot, haven’t had the chance to play with the 50D yet. How do you like the camera? Do you have any other lenses?

We just have the one lense that is EFS, we have a swag more off the old 300D. So far we are more than impressed with the 18-200. Maybe a wide angle later on…........ getting over the shock of buying what we have big surprise

Have just been watching a Tutorial DVD on all the different settings and functions…....... brain is starting to melt.

Banger - 29 June 2009 11:04 AM

hey darb didnt you have some epic gallery on another forum site? i remember your stuff.

Yeah are you the same darb? as in the playboy from WA?

spaz - 29 June 2009 11:49 AM

As many hours as you want.
You need your own camera.
Your own accommodation.
Commission based.  25%-33% of sales
Previous years I’ve seen some earn beyond $1000 a week others less than $100.

That is a nice way to get a start and begin taking pics, I sure you can learn a lot. with that job, if it doesnt cost much to print the pics that dont sell etc.

Hey all.

I’ll be sporting the new 500D around at Thredbo this season, I’m pretty green but keen to get into it – cool to see some forums dedicated to photography.

spaz; the VIO POV1.5 looks ace – actually quite suprised at the price point, seems pretty awesome considering what it does and how well it appears to do it. pity about the AA batteries though, a rechargeable li-ion would be ace.

Wow miss one day of internet and check out the reply’s ha.

Jib is a great site I ran across it a while back, as for darb from WA dont think thats me.  Im originally from Canada.  I do have a site up and running but Im currently updating it a little as I am not that happy with it.  (to much of everything and not enough of one thing) if you can understand that.

I would really enjoy taking on the job down in jynd but kinda set here in Syd.  So alas I will be taking photos in this area for a while until the budget expands. 

The 50D is a sweet unit and I am a little jealous but I can keep dreaming, I have the 40 with a few lens’s and filters but the camera does not make the photographer.

Here is my site feel free to check it out but it does and will be updated shortly.

http://www.wix.com/bradlentz/photography

dude thats a strange co-incidence then for sure!

Well a little bit of work and a couple good bottles of wine and I think I have finished the web site (let me know what you think).... Well until I get a few more photos shoots done and have more to add to it.  Since I am not going able to afford to see the snow for a bit Im wondering if there are any skaters, surfers or pretty much anyone thats active looking to get some photos done.  Contact me and we can work out some prices.

Amature just trying to get into it.
Got a 450D with the IS twin lens kit.
Hopefully get a few good happy snaps around the slopes this year.

darb - 03 July 2009 11:49 AM

Well a little bit of work and a couple good bottles of wine and I think I have finished the web site (let me know what you think).... Well until I get a few more photos shoots done and have more to add to it.  Since I am not going able to afford to see the snow for a bit Im wondering if there are any skaters, surfers or pretty much anyone thats active looking to get some photos done.  Contact me and we can work out some prices.

Hey darb,

Where are you located? We will be building the skate section soon, I might have some work for you.