The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Decent Desktop Wallpaper

I constantly find myself drooling over the photography in the magazines I receive every month, however cannot for the life of me manage to find any of this photography to use as decent desktop wallpaper.

Snowboarder mag have a fairly pitiful selection online, as do transworld – most of them not even large enough to have as a background without stretching it, and even then pretty sucky quality with brash logos destroying the picture.

Why so stingy? Is there a site somewhere I’m missing?

Maybe when we get a place where we can post and share pictures in Boardworld, we can have a section that would be appropriate for wallpapers!
higher resolution large pics.
I’ve got a screen saver at work with a lot of photos, mostly my own, family, snowboarding and things. I always like to add new pictures, so I would enjoy taking from some others’ pictures as well.

At the moment we haven’t found a way to upload huge images to the forums without breaking the page.

I have always found great wallpapers at burton.com

Click on Community, then Downloads.

Sweet – the Burton wallpapers are pretty fantasmic. Thanks for that.

You should be able to make the forums play nice with large resolution images with some CSS trickery – just twist your web dev’s arm a little!

User submitted wallpapers sounds like a pretty cool idea as well – although I doubt most users get to shoot photos on the kind of epic scale as those seen in mags.

Theres some decent ones here especially if you have a big monitor (like mine, 1920x1200).