The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Video Edits / Link Post

I thought It’d be a good idea to throw in a section for people to post their own edits / personal videos they’ve made. I was inspired by this little edit i whipped up this afternoon.. just a quick fun day in the park with my housemates

ch chch checkit.

that was a really cool little clip! how did you do the colour filter?

I enjoyed watching your videos, a little shaky at times, but fun.

Banger - 21 June 2009 03:21 AM

that was a really cool little clip! how did you do the colour filter?

It’s a stock option available on the newest Canon ELPH camera. Check out my little blurb on it in the ‘what camera to by’ thread.

Ohhh man, makes me wish I was back there. I enjoyed that…

Shredlife, you should upload your video to the Boardworld Vimeo account, so we can embed your video in HD into the Member Videos section.

Email me: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I will send you the details.

Thats a way rad feature to have. It looks real pro! Does the footage record with that effect or is it added afterwards?

Banger - 21 June 2009 04:53 AM

Thats a way rad feature to have. It looks real pro! Does the footage record with that effect or is it added afterwards?

records w/ it which is the only disadvantage ... you can’t edit the colour back in..

hey all, this is a little shred edit of me and my boyfriend from ‘08/‘09 in Åre, Sweden.
My first full season & and just learnt to jump (couldn’t even really go off jumps at the start) but was hitting decent sized jumps by the end. ‘Twas my boyfriend’s 2nd season.
It just a bit of fun, nothing serious - we’re pretty shite & too old to ever really get any good.

That was fun, cords - good song at the end, too. Fitting lyrics.
You guys would be an enjoyable group to ride with.

yeah cords..way to go, you guys had some fun shredding at that place!!! what resort was that?
oh yeah that was a tight edit too…great job!
how psyched up did you get doing that jump line?

haha thanks guys - glad you enjoyed it! It was fun to make anyway…

The resort is Åre in Sweden. They had some fun features in the park this year and the black line was kept in amazing shape, but they only have one guy to shape the whole park, so he had trouble to keep the rest of it in good nick. Still heaps fun though!

haha banger - super psyched up to the black jump. It was the smallest of 3 in the black line but considering I didn’t really know how to jump at all at the start of the season, I think I did ok! I made sure I jumped & landed the whole red line at least 10 times each morning before having a crack at the black. The other two jumps in the black were freaking monstrous! U can see my friend Jonas getting heaps of air on them. Really safely built though - no step downs…I don’t understand why all the jumps in Oz seem to be step downs - it makes it so much more dangerous & doesn’t encourage progression at all.

might have to come check it out. we have friends in finland that we met in japan last year, we might be going to visit them some time in the next year or so and do a northern euro/scandi road trip checking out resorts. that park had some pretty rad features…what time of year was it mostly in the video? i wish perisher would run some features like that….rad kicker line and boxes etc.
i know what you mean about step downs, they can be very intimidating!

Awesome video cords, thanks for sharing that with us. You just made me want to go riding real bad. smile

I can put your video in the member videos section of the webiste, if that’s cool with you?

mini shred from niseko 2008

our friends from finland.

spring fun from 2008

and this one for a look into non snow activities i fill in my time with.

thanks guys - stoked to hear you all enjoyed watching a vid of a kook like me! haha
yeah put it in the member vids section if you like - as long as people understand its just for fun & not a “sponsor me” effort, I have no prob with people looking at it.

The video was from diff times between Dec & April but I’d recommend between half-way thru feb to half way thru april to visit Åre. Its a bit dark, cold & icy before that, although still a lot of fun. There is certain times between feb & april when most of sweden has a week of “sports holidays” & also easter holidays in that time & its frign awful with a billion skiing blow-ins from Stockholm but if you manage to avoid that you’ll have a killer time. If its park riding you’re keen for though, I’d recommend a place called Sälen, which is a few hours south of Åre. They have the best parks in sweden, no doubt. When I’m back in sweden next to ride, Sälen is where I’ll go. Also, Riksgränsen up north would be a sick place to ride.
Scandinavia is a huge (& expensive) place to travel if you aren’t working, so I hope you have lots of dough & time. Sweden just by itself is a huge country! Definitely worth it though. I’ve had the best year of my life without a doubt!

I’ll get on to watching those vids now, banger!